Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Casserole will bring you back to the meal you loved as a child! This creamy, savory dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or family lunch.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
Sometimes, there is just nothing better than a delicious, creamy chicken noodle casserole. This one truly hits the spot because it’s also really easy to make! Some may even consider it their southern comfort food! The slow cooker does all the work for you. All you have to do it put the ingredients in and walk away!
DOES IT MATTER WHAT TYPE OF PASTA I USE FOR SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE?
The type of pasta I recommend in the recipe is our family favorite, but you can use a wide range of pasta shapes with this dish! One thing to note, though – I would recommend keeping the shape you use about the same size. If you go with a much thinner or much wider noodle, the cooking times will change.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE CHEDDAR CHEESE? CAN I LEAVE IT OUT?
I’m a firm believer that it is almost always OK to leave cheese out of a dish. Maybe not the most desirable, but you will still have a decent meal without the cheese. The cheese just makes it that much more delicious! If you have other types of cheese in the refrigerator, feel free to substitute that instead.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE?
This recipe calls for simple sides! A quick salad or vegetable dish, some Southern Cornbread Muffins, and you’ll be set! Round out the meal with some Slow Cooker Apple Crisp, and your family will be begging to have this dish over and over again.
WILL SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE FREEZE WELL?
Due to the cooked pasta and the ingredients in the creamy sauce, I wouldn’t recommend freezing this recipe. It’s very easy to prepare though, and I doubt you’ll have enough leftovers to freeze! If you do have leftovers, they’ll keep well in the refrigerator. That way, you can easily pull them out for a quick lunch or dinner later in the week!
WANT MORE EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Potatoes & Carrots
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stack
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Pasta
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add chicken, chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup and Italian seasoning to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred
- Stir chicken back in, stir in sour cream and egg noodles. Be sure to press the egg noodles down so that they are covered in liquid.
- Cook on high another 30 minutes, or until they have reached the desired consistency.
- Add cheese to the top along with crushed crackers.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Family Happenings from our Family of 9
I just went to a Food Blogging conference with a couple of friends. I had a great time talking about business and just hanging out with people who get me and why I do this food blogging thing. This is my friend Christina from the blog It’s a Keeper. We got to spend a lot of time together and I so enjoyed it! If you get a chance go and check out her Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. It looks amazing. Plus, she’s got a ton of other Slow Cooker dishes to share with you!