Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken is a Delicious and Simple Recipe that Tastes Amazing!
We love Slow Cooker Chicken recipes, especially when our schedule gets crazy. Some of our favorites include Slow Cooker Mozzarella Chicken & Pasta and Slow Cooker Chicken, Potatoes, and Carrots.
SLOW COOKER MISSISSIPPI CHICKEN
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast, you know just how delectable this dish is. I got to thinking, though…surely these tangy, savory flavors aren’t just for roast, right?
Right! It turns out the flavors of Mississippi Roast work just as well with chicken! You still get that wonderful, slow-cooked flavor, and the results are so versatile you’ll want to keep a bunch in the freezer!
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER MISSISSIPPI CHICKEN?
This is the easy part. Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken goes well with just about any side! You can serve it with a simple salad, over pasta, or with rice. You can also serve it with mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables.
And have I mentioned how good Mississippi Chicken is on a slider or roll? It makes such a great, quick sandwich and an easy lunch.
DO I NEED TO USE ALL THAT BUTTER?
You don’t need to, but I would! For one thing, it adds a richness to the sauce that is just too good to miss. However, it also helps the chicken stay nice and juicy while it’s cooking. There are times when the butter is worth it…this is definitely one of them!
WILL SLOW COOKER MISSISSIPPI CHICKEN BE TOO SPICY FOR MY CHILDREN?
My kids adore this recipe! The pepperoncinis add more of a tangy flavor than a true heat, and the butter and other seasonings balance out the spice level well. I have a feeling your family will love this recipe as much as mine does!
WANT MORE EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPE IDEAS?
- Chicken Tortellini with Alfredo
- Crock Pot Corn Chowder Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Slow Cooker Dorito Casserole
Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 1/2 stick butter sliced into pats
- 10 Pepperoncinis
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 24-26 oz Bag Frozen Egg Noodles
- Place chicken into the bottom of your 6-8 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch mix and brown gravy mix over all of the pieces of chicken evenly. Sprinkle on top and bottom.
- Place a pat of butter on top of each chicken breast along with the 10 Pepperoncini peppers
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred or slice chicken.
- Stir in chicken broth and frozen noodles.
- Cover again and cook on high for another hour.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @sidetrackedsarah or hashtag it at #sidetrackedsarah.
Happenings From Our Family of 9
My daughter and I were walking the other day and she suggested I take a picture. Little did I know she had planed to be silly in the picture. So I did what any mama of many would do, I chose to publish it. So here it, she really is a sweetheart and this is her being her!