Are you in the mood for Mexican food? You’ll love my Easy Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas recipe. This easy, delicious, and crowd-pleasing meal comes together in just minutes!
EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE
I’m kind of a sucker for fajitas. Whenever we go out for Mexican food, they’re at the top of my list! And don’t get me wrong…while I love going out to eat, there are times I want some fajita goodness without all the hassle of getting everyone ready to go (or restaurant prices). That’s why I created this recipe!
You can totally make chicken fajitas in a skillet (and they’re yummy). However, making them in the Instant Pot is so much easier and just as delicious!
WHY MAKE CHICKEN FAJITAS IN AN INSTANT POT?
Fajitas are normally made on a grill or in a skillet, so making them in an Instant Pot might seem a bit odd. I wanted to give it a try though, and I’m really glad I did! The chicken is so juicy and flavorful, and the onions and peppers are “just right.” The flavors that are infused during the pressure cooking process are amazing!
I do enjoy making fajitas in a skillet, but honestly, there are times I just want to “set it and forget it.” When our schedule gets crazy, being able to make these in an Instant Pot is so helpful! The cleanup is much easier too, which I love.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN FAJITAS?
This is a fun dish to get creative with! There’s so many things you can put with it. Here’s some of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- A Quick Salad
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Guacamole, the easy way
- Sour cream
- Tortilla Chips
- Pico de gallo
Once you find the perfect sides & toppings, you’ve got a well rounded out meal worthy of your favorite restaurant for a fraction of the price!
WILL EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE FREEZE WELL?
This recipe freezes extremely well! You can prep the ingredients beforehand in freezer packets and pull them out when you’re ready to make chicken fajitas, but you can also freeze any leftovers! This recipe truly is easy in every way.
I hope your family loves it as much as ours does!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Grandma’s Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken & Broccoli with Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata with Creamy Lemon Sauce
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 2-3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning or 5 Tbsp of fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 lime cut into wedges or slices
- Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Slice peppers & onions into strips.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot and generously sprinkle Fajita Seasoning over the top of chicken slices.
- Close lid and valve. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release. Add peppers and onions.
- Cook another 2 minutes on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure. Quick release.
- Garnish with lime juice & cilantro.
- Serve over refried beans on tortillas
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Our Family Happenings
We have been getting a ton of rain here in Southeast Kansas, so much so that our river and lake is flooding. Today, I caught this photo of a car in the middle of the water near our baseball fields. This flood is only supposed to happen every 100 years, but, this is the 3rd time I’ve seen it in my lifetime. (yes, I’ve lived here almost all my life).