This list of Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes is the best list to keep on hand for busy days. They’re pretty inexpensive, and they’re quick and easy, too!
Have you ever wondered what recipes that you can make in the Instant Pot with ground beef? I have been looking and looking for recipes for the Instant Pot using ground beef and I think I’ve finally found several favorites!
I love using ground beef, because it’s one of the cuts of meat that I almost always have on hand. But, when it comes to hamburger Instant Pot recipes, I didn’t really know what I could make, until recently, that is.
I finally decided to do some research and figure it out. It turns out that you can make a whole lot of ground beef recipes in the Instant Pot. It sure makes for an easy dinner!
Can You Brown Meat (Ground Beef) in an Instant Pot?
Absolutely. That is why we have the Sauté function on the Instant Pot. You can also do it in another way that I’ll outline below. You can cook it from frozen or you can cook it in a block and then break it apart later (instructions on how to do that are below).
Can I Substitute Other Ground Meats for Hamburger Meat?
Yes, you can easily follow the instructions on this post to cook ground turkey, ground chicken or even ground pork. Of course, you can use ground venison in these tasty ground beef Instant Pot recipes as well. I do it all the time with good results!
Can You Put Raw Ground Beef/Hamburger in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?
Yes and no. You can cook a whole block of ground beef in the Instant Pot under pressure on the trivet (directions below). When you do so, it allows the grease to drain below the trivet.
I would not cook ground beef in the pressure cooker with other ingredients in a recipe (unless it’s spices like onion powder, garlic powder, etc.). If it has any fat content, it will make your cooked dish too greasy. You will want to brown it using the Sauté function or precook it under pressure in the Instant Pot.
How Do you Cook Ground Beef in an Instant Pot?
Using the Sauté method:
- Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes. (You can always turn it off, but it’s a pain if the timer runs out before you’re done cooking it.)
- Place meat in the bottom of the Instant Pot and stir regularly, as if you were using a skillet.
- Drain meat, be sure to use hot pads when lifting the bowl out (or just use low fat beef).
- Return beef to the pot, to continue cooking your recipe.
Using the pressure method:
- Place trivet in the bottom of the pot, along with 1 cup of water.
- Add ground beef on top of trivet.
- Close lid and shut valve (turn it to sealing, not venting).
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and make sure that your pressure setting is set to high (not low).
- Once the timer goes off, Quick release the steam.
- Remove lid and block of beef.
- Using forks, bear claws or just your hands (after it has cooled), tear apart the meat into chunks.
As for the draining of the meat part, if you buy meat that has much fat in it, you will want to drain the fat first. I like to use my Easy Greasy Colander to do that. It has a handy bowl that fits under it, to catch the grease. After I drain the grease, I typically rinse it, too, to get any excess fat off.
You can see it pictured below…
How to Cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
This method is basically the same as cooking it under pressure above, we’ve just adjusted the time a bit.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place your frozen ground beef on top of the trivet.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and the valve.
- Press Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure and set your cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Use a spoon or fork to break the meat up into clumps.
Which Recipe is Your Family’s Favorite Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot?
ahh, I’m so glad you asked! :). We really enjoy the Meatloaf and Potatoes as well as the Ground Beef Stroganoff. I’d say those are definitely 2 of our absolute favorites from this list.
I’d love to know what yours is, too, even if it’s not on this list. Leave me a comment below to share what your favorite ground beef recipe is!
I’m hoping you will find some family favorites out of these 30 plus Instant Pot recipes with ground beef. We really enjoy most of the recipes on this list! Be sure to sign up to receive a free Freezer to Instant Pot One Week Meal Plan. It’ll make your meal planning this week so much easier!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Ground Beef Stroganoff is one of our families’s favorite Instant Pot ground beef meals because it is so simple & easy. After you’ve tried it, you’ll wonder why it’s not on your meal plan every week!
For a bit of a Mexican food flare, try this delicious Enchilada Pasta ground beef pressure cooker recipe. Top it with some sour cream to finish the taste and you’ll be happy you stayed home and cooked for dinner tonight! This dish is perfect for a quick meal when you know you’ll be on the go.
I love using ground beef Instant Pot recipes! Not only is this dish just plain delicious, it’s also so easy to dump and go….putting it all on automatic in the pressure cooker! Even my kids love this Chlil Mac recipe, which is a HUGE win for me.
This is one of those pressure cooker ground beef recipes that your family will ask for again and again. With rice in the meat mixture, this recipe gives you a unique taste that you’re sure to enjoy!
Did you know you can cook frozen ground beef in the Instant Pot even without a trivet?! No thawing. No waiting. It’s a lifesaver on busy days.
This Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe is the BEST Instant Pot recipe with ground beef that I’ve ever made! It easily competes with restaurants like Cracker Barrel, but maybe even better than that. You’ll have to try it to know exactly what I mean. And get this…. the meat and potatoes cook together at the same time!
Using this delicious ground meat Instant Pot recipe you’ll realize that Instant Pot Taco Meat is an easy way to make Taco Tuesdays happen with ease. Of course, any night could be taco night, if you’re anything like us!
This amazing Instant Pot hamburger recipe for the pressure cooker uses layers of sliced potatoes, shredded cheese and ground meat in your Instant Pot. The most time consuming part of preparing it is slicing the potatoes. This is definitely a family friendly recipes that the husband and kids will love.
When I’m ready for easy ground beef instant pot meals I go for something like this Sloppy Joe recipe. Click the link to see how Sloppy joes got their name.
To find more Instant Pot recipes on Sidetracked Sarah, please visit the Instant Pot section of my site.
30+ Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Ground Beef
- Check each recipe for specific ingredients!
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meat Balls
- How to Cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Beef & Cheesy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Instant Pot One Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Wendy's Copy Cat Chili
- Instant Pot Taco Pie
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
- Instant Pot Shepherd's Pie
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Instant Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
- Instant Pot Meat Ball Subs
- Instant Pot Minestrone
- Instant Pot Egg Rolls in a bowl
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Easy Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Korean Beef & Rice
- Instant Pot Beef & Potato Soup