This list of Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes is the best list to keep on hand for busy days. They’re pretty inexpensive, and they’re quick and easy, too!
Have you ever wondered what recipes that you can make in the Instant Pot with ground beef? I have been looking and looking for Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes and I think I’ve finally found several favorites!
I love using ground beef, because it’s one of the cuts of meat that I almost always have on hand. But, when it comes to ground beef Instant Pot recipes, I didn’t really know what I could make, until recently, that is.
I finally decided to do some research and figure it out. It turns out that you can make a whole lot of ground beef recipes in the Instant Pot. It sure makes for an easy dinner!
Can You Brown Meat (Ground Beef) in an Instant Pot?
Yes, absolutely. That is why we have the Sauté function on the Instant Pot. You can also do it in another way that I’ll outline below. You can cook it from frozen or you can cook it in a block and then break it apart later (instructions on how to do that are below).
Can I Substitute Other Ground Meats for Hamburger Meat?
Yes, you can easily follow the instructions on this post to cook ground turkey, ground chicken or even ground pork as well. Feel free to use any of the ground cuts of meat in the easy dinner recipes included on this page.
Can You Put Raw Ground Beef/Hamburger in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?
Yes and no. You can cook a whole block of ground beef in the Instant Pot under pressure on the trivet (directions below). When you do so, it allows the grease to drain below the trivet.
I would not cook ground beef under pressure with other ingredients in a recipe (unless it’s spices like onion powder, garlic powder, etc.). If it has any fat content, it will make your cooked dish too greasy. You will want to brown it using the Sauté function or precook it under pressure in the Instant Pot.
How Do you Cook Ground Beef in an Instant Pot?
Using the Sauté method:
- Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes. (You can always turn it off, but it’s a pain if the timer runs out before you’re done cooking it.)
- Place meat in the bottom of the Instant Pot and stir regularly, as if you were using a skillet.
- Drain meat, be sure to use hot pads when lifting the bowl out (or just use low fat beef).
- Return beef to the pot, to continue cooking your recipe.
Using the pressure method:
- Place trivet in the bottom of the pot, along with 1 cup of water.
- Add ground beef on top of trivet.
- Close lid and shut valve (turn it to sealing, not venting).
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and make sure that your pressure setting is set to high (not low).
- Once the timer goes off, Quick release the steam.
- Remove lid and block of beef.
- Using forks, bear claws or just your hands (after it has cooled), tear apart the meat into chunks.
As for the draining of the meat part, if you buy meat that has much fat in it, you will want to drain the fat first. I like to use my Easy Greasy Colander to do that. It has a handy bowl that fits under it, to catch the grease. After I drain the grease, I typically rinse it, too, to get any excess fat off.
You can see it pictured below…
How to Cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
This method is basically the same as cooking it under pressure above, we’ve just adjusted the time a bit.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place your frozen ground beef on top of the trivet.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and the valve.
- Press Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure and set your cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Use a spoon or fork to break the meat up into clumps.
Which Recipe is Your Family’s Favorite Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot?
ahh, I’m so glad you asked! :). We really enjoy the Meatloaf and Potatoes as well as the Ground Beef Stroganoff. I’d say those are definitely 2 of our absolute favorites from this list.
I’d love to know what yours is, too, even if it’s not on this list. Leave me a comment below to share what your favorite ground beef recipe is!
I’m hoping you will find some family favorites out of these 30 plus Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes. We really enjoy most of the recipes on this list! Be sure to sign up to receive a free Freezer to Instant Pot One Week Meal Plan. It’ll make your meal planning this week so much easier!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
To find more Instant Pot recipes on Sidetracked Sarah, please visit the Instant Pot section of my site.
30+ Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Ground Beef
- Check each recipe for specific ingredients!
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meat Balls
- How to Cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Beef & Cheesy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Instant Pot One Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Wendy's Copy Cat Chili
- Instant Pot Taco Pie
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
- Instant Pot Shepherd's Pie
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Instant Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
- Instant Pot Meat Ball Subs
- Instant Pot Minestrone
- Instant Pot Egg Rolls in a bowl
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Easy Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Korean Beef & Rice
- Instant Pot Beef & Potato Soup