Instant Pot Beef & Cheesy Potatoes Makes The Perfect Dish For Any Day Or Event And, With Just A Couple Minutes Of Prep, It’s Sure To Be A Hit Every Time!
Instant Pot Beef & Cheesy Potatoes
The Instant Pot is just a crazy love for me. I love, love, LOVE how easy it is to throw everything in and have a delicious meal in no time at all. This recipe is no different!
Made with beef, potatoes and, of course, cheese, the combination couldn’t be any better! The ingredients for this won’t cost more than $10 or so if you have the spices on hand, and that makes it even better!
INSTANT POT BEEF & CHEESY POTATOES
Instant Pots never go out of style any time of year! Summertime is so busy and it’s hard to keep at it with delicious meals. Thankfully, the Instant Pot has us covered and this recipe is sure to be a hit!
The kids really love this one because, well, you can make it all ooey-gooey with cheese and how delicious is that?!
WHAT INSTANT POT DO YOU USE?
When I’m using ground beef in my recipes, I really like to use my Easy Greasy Colander so that it will just catch any extra grease for me in the special bowl that fits right under it. It’s pretty great!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH INSTANT POT BEEF AND CHEESY POTATOES RECIPE?
This recipe can almost be set by itself! The potatoes and beef give it a good balance, but here are a few things you could always add as a side dish:
- Steamed Veggies
- Casserole (like a squash casserole)
HOW CAN I MAKE IT CREAMIER?
If you want, you can always add some heavy cream to make it a bit creamier. Adding sour cream as a garnish works, too! A cream of mushroom or celery soup would work too.
CAN I ADD SPICE?
Of course! A lot of people like to add spice. For this one, I would recommend adding spice as a garnish (in the form of hot sauce or something like that), or add in some diced jalapeños (or other pepper of choice) into the pot!
DID YOU CHANGE THE RECIPE?
Yes, the first time I made this recipe, I made it with my older Instant Pot. I didn’t get a burn notice when I made it, but I received a few emails stating that some other people who tried it, did get the burn notice. I tried it again with my newer Instant Pot and I did get the burn notice.
So, I did some tweaking and decided that we needed a little bit more liquid so that there is more steam to cook it in and needed a little longer cooking time due to the density of the layers. These changes are noted in the recipe below, but I thought I’d tell you about them, in case you’ve tried this recipe and it resulted in a burn notice. It should now work just fine for newer and older Instant Pots. Please let me know though if you have different results.
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT BEEF RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
Instant Pot Beef & Cheesy Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 6 large uncooked potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 C. water
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Brown ground beef in Instant Pot on the Saute function. Remove meat and drain any grease out. Do a quick rinse of the inner pot before continuing.
- Combine all spices together in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8 to 1/4” thick slices.
- Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot and one cup of water. Use 2 large pieces of foil on top of the trivet, going up the sides of the Instant Pot to begin your layering. Punch a few small holes with a fork in the foil so that any liquid can drain back out. OR use 2 pans that can stack one on top of the other inside the instant pot.
- In springform pan or on top of foil, layer 1/4 sliced potatoes and ground beef, then top with 1/4 of the shredded cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 of the seasoning over the top of that.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- After layers are complete, pour in chicken broth. Make sure that if you're putting this in pans to go in your Instant Pot that you're pouring half in one pan and half in the other.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to closed and set the Instant pot for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the timer has gone off, release the pressure and serve.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Family Happenings This Week From our Family of 9:
This is my daughter Reagan. She turned 16 in June and we had a Murder Mystery Birthday Party for her, using a Hawaiian theme. (Thus the lei and grass skirt) The cake is our famous Peanut Butter Cup Cake. So yummy!