Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Are The Perfect Way To Get Your Sandwich Fix But You Can Still Feel Like You Got a Hot Meal!
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are SUCH a family favorite, and they’re pretty easy to make, too… even if you’re making it from scratch! Yes, I know the canned version is a little easier, but making it from scratch actually tastes a LOT better!
I’m so excited about my Instant Pot version! This is so incredibly easy to make and you’ll be sure to love them!!!
WHY DO THEY CALL IT A SLOPPY JOE?
According to legend, a cook named Joe at a café in Sioux City, Iowa, added tomato sauce to his “loose meat” sandwiches. After that, they started calling it the “sloppy joe”. How cool is that?!
CAN YOU USE SPAGHETTI SAUCE TO MAKE SLOPPY JOES?
Yes, I would say that you can if you’re in a pinch and don’t have the tomato sauce/ tomato paste combination. It may taste a little more like an Italian Sloppy Joe, but who cares, right? I’m sure it’ll still be yummy. I’ve seen a recipe or two made with Spaghetti Sauce floating around the internet.
CAN I ADD MORE SPICE?
Definitely! If you are one that likes a lot of spice in your sloppy joes, here are some options on what to add for your spice:
- Chili Powder
- Diced Chilies or Jalapenos
- Rotel Tomatoes (with the peppers
WHAT TO SERVE WITH INSTANT POT SLOPPY JOES?
A good salad is a great thing to serve with sloppy joes! Not just that, though, here’s even more great ideas:
- French fries
- Onion rings
- Potato Chips
- Raw Vegetables & Dip, like carrot sticks, pepper strips, broccoli, etc.
- Potato Salad
- Steamed Vegetables
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF SOY SAUCE?
If you don’t have soy sauce, you can use Worcestershire Sauce! It may change the taste a little, but it won’t be a bad change.
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Are The Perfect Way To Get Your Sandwich Fix, But Still Feels Like You're Eating a Hot Meal!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns
- Place the 2 pounds of ground beef, onion and minced garlic into the instant pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute, and brown the meat.
- Drain grease from the meat, being careful to use hot pads while handling the inner pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on manual (or Pressure Cook), low pressure for 5 minutes with the valve closed.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Stir and serve on hamburger buns.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Family Happenings From Our Family of 9
Ryan and I were able to go on a cruise in May to Cozumel and Progresso, Mexico. This is us, enjoying our favorite deck, right out by the water. It was a pretty amazing experience! We hope to go on many more cruises for years to come!