This Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe is the BEST recipe ever! It easily competes with restaurants like Cracker Barrel, but maybe even better than that. You’ll have to try it to know exactly what I mean….
The Best Meatloaf Recipe with Mashed Potatoes for the Instant Pot
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They can both take so long to make, though!
That’s one of the things I love most about the Instant Pot. It saves so much time and energy, and it’s so easy to use! The Instant Pot makes making Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes a breeze!
CAN I REALLY MAKE THE MEATLOAF AND POTATOES AT THE SAME TIME IN THE INTANT POT?
Yes, you can make everything, all at once! By using the trivet rack, you can layer the potatoes and the meatloaf. Everything cooks at the same time, and the result is mouthwatering!
I started by chopping up the potatoes and putting them in the Instant Pot. Then, I put the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot over the top of them, like this:
After that, I made a little foil bowl over the top of the trivet, so that I could put my Meat Loaf over the top of that. I topped it with BBQ sauce and placed the lid on, started the time and started cooking!
CAN I CHANGE THE HERBS AND SPICES?
You can, but I wouldn’t recommend it! This recipe is one of THE BEST Meat Loaf Recipes you’ll ever eat, so I’d hate for you to mess with a good thing!
WILL INSTANT POT MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES FREEZE WELL?
The meatloaf will definitely freeze well! You can shape it beforehand and wrap it to freeze, and then pull it out to thaw when you are ready to cook and serve it. Any leftovers will also freeze well. If your family is anything like mine, though, you won’t have leftovers to worry about!
I would not recommend freezing the potatoes, as the color and texture tends to be affected. They are very quick and easy to chop and layer in the Instant Pot though!
Want to spend less time cooking each week? Consider joining my Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal Plan Subscription. It comes with 6 dinners each week, grocery list, assembly instructions, side suggestions and more. We have a regular plan AND a low carb plan.
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT GROUND BEEF RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
The Best Meatloaf Recipe for the Instant Pot
- For the Meatloaf:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce + more to top with
- For potatoes:
- 3 lbs. white potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley optional for garnish
- Mix together the ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place the quartered potatoes in the bottom of you Instant Pot as evenly as possible.
- Pour chicken broth over the top.
- Place rack that comes with the Instant Pot, over the top of that, keeping it as flat as possible.
- Put 2 pieces of aluminum foil over the top of that to make a make-shift bowl out of the foil for the meatloaf to sit in.
- Set the meatloaf in the foil, on top of the rack.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the top of the meat loaf.
- Replace lid and shut steam valve.
- Cook the meatloaf and potatoes in the Instant Pot on Manual mode for 25 minutes.
- Quick release the steam.
- Lift the meat loaf out of the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the mashed potatoes to the pot and mash the potatoes well.
- Serve sliced meatloaf with mashed potatoes.
- Optional: broil meatloaf for a couple minutes to make the ends more crispy.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Happenings From our Family of 9
My husband and I have seven children, but only two boys. Our seven year old Colton just thinks his big brother Baylee is about it! Pictured is the two of them on Baylee’s 21st birthday. Everyone who spots the two of them together says that Colton is a mini Baylee. They both enjoy that. It is nice that they are close even though the age difference is pretty big.