Slow Cooker Beer Brats Are a Delicious Savory Dish. They’re So Easy to Make, but They Are Definitely a Crowd Pleaser!!
SLOW COOKER BEER BRATS
In some parts of the country, there are really only two ways to cook brats: on a grill or in a slow cooker with beer. The savory flavor of the brats works so well with the beer sauce, and they work so well for a chilly afternoon or evening.
Serve them for your next get-together!
DO I HAVE TO COOK THEM IN BEER?
There is something about beer that goes so well with brats, especially when the two have hours in the slow cooker to meld together. If you’re uncomfortable cooking them with beer, however, you can easily use broth or stock instead.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER BEER BRATS?
WILL SLOW COOKER BEER BRATS FREEZE WELL?
These delicious brats will freeze very well! Feel free to prepare extra so that you will have leftovers on hand. They make a great, quick meal on their own, but they can also be used in so many other recipes!
WANT MORE EASY SLOW COOKER PORK RECIPES?
- Slow Cooker Sweet Pulled Pork Wraps
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Sausage & Potatoes
- The Best Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
Delicious Slow Cooker Beer Brats Recipe
- 2 packages of uncooked brats
- 2 12 oz bottles beer we used Stella
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- hot dog buns
- Combine all ingredients, except hot dog buns, in slow cooker.
- Cook for 2 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Remove brats from slow cooker and place on grill or in skillet.
- Turn slow cooker down to low or keep warm and place brats back in, until you're ready to serve.
- Serve on buns, topped with slow cooker onions and condiments of your choice.
MADE THIS RECIPE?