Instant Pot Taco Pie is a Quick, Delicious Way to Make Any Night Taco Night!
We love Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes! Some of our favorites include Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli Rice and Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl.
INSTANT POT TACO PIE
If you haven’t yet tried Taco Pie, let me be the first to encourage you! It is such a quick recipe to put together, and it’s one that never fails to please. It has all the flavors of Taco Night in one easy dish!
It’s also a very filling dish, so it is sure to satisfy even your hungriest family members. It’s definitely a favorite at our house!
CAN I USE CORN TORTILLAS FOR INSTANT POT TACO PIE?
I prefer to use flour tortillas for this dish, partly because of their size (they fill the pan more easily) and partly because they stand up to the dish a bit better. You can use corn tortillas if you prefer, though!
If you do, I recommend doubling them up, both to cover more area and to make them a bit more “sturdy” as a layer.
CAN I ADD EXTRA TACO TOPPINGS?
That’s part of the fun of Instant Pot Taco Pie! You can easily top it with whatever ingredients your family likes best. You can even set out different options and let each person top their own slice!
WILL INSTANT POT TACO PIE FREEZE WELL?
We rarely have leftovers for this recipe (it’s just that good), but if you do, they will keep well in the refrigerator. They will also freeze well, but you may wish to add some extra sauce for moisture when reheating.
I hope you love Instant Pot Taco Pie as much as we do!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT GROUND BEEF RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Instant Pot One Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Wendy’s Copycat Chili
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Taco Pie
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning or 1 packet
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Style cheese
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- Optional Toppings: sour cream salsa, avocado, etc.
- Cook beef in skillet or in Instant Pot on Saute function. Drain grease.
- Add 3 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until meat is well coated and any extra liquid cooks off.
- Using 2 small springform pans and an 8 quart Instant Pot, place 1 tortilla in the bottom of each.
- Cover with a layer of beans, layer of meat, then a layer of shredded cheese.
- Repeat 2x on each pan.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place both springform pans in the Instant Pot, stacked one on top of the other. (I placed a plain tortilla between the two pans so that the top one didn't get cheese all over the bottom of the pan.)
- Close valve and cook on Manual or Pressure Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the Instant pot and snap them out of the springform pan.
- Cut into 4 pieces each.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @sidetrackedsarah or hashtag it at #sidetrackedsarah.
Happenings From Our Family Of 9
Our little horse lover has been spending lots of time with at her friend’s farm riding horses. This time her my niece joined them. Spending time with her cousin and her close friend on horses is my little girl’s (far left) idea of a great time.