Instant Pot Pot Roast is such an easy, delicious meal! Tender roast beef, hearty vegetables, and an amazing, savory broth all come together in no time. Try it tonight!.
INSTANT POT POT ROAST
Instant Pot Pot Roast is a dish our family loves! It’s an easy way to turn an inexpensive cut of beef into a delectable dish that will satisfy a crowd. With your Instant Pot, you can have an amazing Pot Roast done in a fraction of the time – but it tastes like it’s been simmering away all day!
WHAT CUT OF MEAT SHOULD I USE FOR INSTANT POT POT ROAST?
Because of how the Instant Pot Pot Roast cooks, you don’t have to use an expensive cut of meat. Actually, an inexpensive cut works better! I often use something like a simple chuck roast. The pressure cooking process will make your roast tender and flavorful!
SHOULD I USE QUICK RELEASE OR NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE FOR MY INSTANT POT POT ROAST?
When you cook meat in the Instant Pot, it’s essential to use a Natural Pressure Release (NPR). This is sort of like letting the meat “rest” before you slice it when you cook it in the oven or on the grill. It allows the juices to be distributed throughout the meat, which results in a tender, juicy roast.
You want to exercise that bit of patience when cooking a roast (or any meat) in a pressure cooker…it really is worth it! That few minutes makes the difference between a dry, tough piece of meat and a tender, moist cut that everyone will love.
WILL INSTANT POT POT ROAST FREEZE WELL?
Like any roast, it definitely will! I would recommend not freezing any potatoes or carrots you have leftover, as they may discolor or take on an odd texture, but the meat and gravy will freeze beautifully.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Pot Roast as much as our family does! With this recipe, you can have it ready any time!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT BEEF RECIPE IDEAS?
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
Instant Pot Pot Roast
- 2-3 lbs of beef chuck roast
- 1 or 2 onion soup mix packet
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 pounds carrots
- 2 pounds potatoes
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Place roast on top.
- Pour water around roast.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix packet all over the roast.
- Close lid and valve.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 30-45 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure.
Carrots & Potatoes:
- If you have 2 Instant Pots, cook the carrots and potatoes separately in 2nd Instant Pot.
- Mix together 1 cup of water with a packet of onion soup mix.
- Place potatoes in bottom. Pour water over the top.
- Place carrots on top.
- Close lid and valve and cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 13 minutes. Quick release.
If you don't have 2 instant pots:
- Reduce roast cooking time by 8 minutes. Quick release.
- Add carrots and potatoes.
- Cook 13 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release.
MADE THIS RECIPE?