Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole is a holiday favorite that your family will love! You don’t have to limit it to your holiday table, though – it’s now easy enough to make any time!
INSTANT POT SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
When you think of a holiday spread, I’m betting a Sweet Potato Casserole is one of the main options. It’s just one of those “must have” dishes! Well, I decided that there has to be a way to make it in my Instant Pot, both to free up oven space and to see if this wonderful dish could be made even better.
I think you’re going to love the results!
DO I NEED TO PEEL THE SWEET POTATOES AHEAD OF TIME?
That’s one of the things I love about this recipe – there’s no peeling required! Sweet potatoes can be difficult to peel when they’re raw. By cooking them whole, the skins just slip right off! This saves so much time and hassle, which is a bonus both for holiday meal prep and for a busy weeknight dinner!
IS INSTANT POT SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE OVERLY SWEET?
I think we’ve all had the candy-sweet casserole, made from canned yams. This is so much better! There is a hint of sweetness that plays so well with the spices and the deep flavor of the sweet potatoes, and the crunchy, delicious topping is the perfect finish to the dish. This is a dish everyone will love!
CAN I MAKE INSTANT POT SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE AHEAD OF TIME?
The majority of this dish can be made a day or two ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to finish it off, just add the topping and warm it up!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPE IDEAS?
- Super Easy Instant Pot Ham
- Instant Pot Hot Apple Cider
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Apple Pork Chops
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5-7 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. pecans
- Scrub sweet potatoes and cut off any bad parts.
- Place steaming rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place sweet potatoes in a circle inside of the Instant Pot.
- Pour a cup of water in the Instant Pot.
- Close Lid and Valve.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 15 minutes, release naturally.
- Once pin has fallen, remove lid and cool.
- Pull skins off of sweet potatoes. These remove very easily once fully cooked. No need to peel them ahead of time.
- Place sweet potatoes with skins removed in large mixing bowl and add salt, butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and milk.
- Stir, mash and/or mix with hand mixer until smooth.
- Place in 9x13 cake pan.
- Mix together topping.
- Put on top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until topping is crisp and lightly browned.
2. Yes, you also use the oven, but your topping would not be crispy if you didn't.