Dorito Casserole is one of those meals that always grabs my attention. I love that I can make it in the slow cooker and walk away until it’s ready. It’s so great to serve to family AND friends and is sure to please everyone who tries it.
Slow Cooker Dorito Casserole
Mmm, mmm. This slow cooker Dorito casserole is always a hit when we bring it to group gatherings. It’s super simple to throw together and one that everyone in your family can love. It’s also a great option for taking to a new mom who just had a baby, or someone who is having trouble cooking due to illness.
Have you seen our Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal Plan Subscription yet?
To take the thought process out of dinner time, I’ve made a Freezer to Slow Cooker meal plan, just for you in mind. Each week, you’ll receive 6 slow cooker recipes, a grocery list – set so that you can easily remove any unwanted meals on the list; assembly instructions – so you can make them all at once in about an hour for the freezer; AND side suggestions. This all comes in a printable PDF file, or you can also just view it on your mobile device if you prefer. Click here to read more about our regular meal plan and here if you’d like to know more about the low carb subscription.
WHAT TOPPINGS WOULD BE GOOD ON SLOW COOKER DORITO CASSEROLE?
It kind of depends on what your family likes, but I’d treat it like a Mexican food dish and put things on it like:
- black olives
- sour cream
- cilantro leaves
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER DORITO CASSEROLE?
Since Dorito casserole is almost a complete meal, I’d do something light with it. Maybe one of these:
- vegetable, like green beans, broccoli or carrots
- refried beans
- a salad
- guacamole salad
- spanish rice
- chips and salsa
WANT MORE EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPES?
Try these amazing recipes that we also make in the slow cooker:
Slow Cooker Doritos Casserole
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 cup sour cream more for serving
- 1 11 oz bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 2.5 oz can sliced olives
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- Add chicken to slow cooker and cover with enchilada sauce.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker, and add black beans and corn.
- Stir in half cheese and one cup sour cream, stirring until combined.
- Crush the Doritos, and add all but one cup to slow cooker mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese, olives, and then the chips.
- Cover and cook on high about 30 minutes longer, or until the cheese has melted.