Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Is A Perfect Lunch Or Dinner Recipe For All Of You Cheeseburger Fans In The House (Without All The Carbs!)
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
We love a good burger, but after a while we just want a good twist on the classic recipe! That’s why my family and I love this amazing Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup!
Making it in the Instant Pot is even more perfect because it is SO easy to make! I love this recipe as a great dump and go, especially on a busy day like we’ve been having lately!
Plus, this isn’t an expensive recipe – so it’s a win-win!
DOES THIS INSTANT POT CHEESEBURGER SOUP FREEZE WELL?
Yes! This recipe is great if you are looking for something you can freeze well. If you’re freezing it before you cook it, you may want to leave the potatoes out and just add them on the day of cooking. Otherwise, if they’re not completely covered in liquid, they will turn brown or black and look gross, even if they don’t taste gross.
CAN I LEAVE THE POTATOES OUT OF THIS INSTANT POT CHEESEBURGER SOUP RECIPE?
You sure can, especially if you are looking to make it lower carb. If you have some people that want it low carb and others that don’t, I would recommend serving some (cooked) potatoes on the side to add in. Or you could try adding radishes for faux-tatos instead.
I DON’T HAVE SHREDDED CHEESE, WHAT DO I DO?
It happens to the best of us! I’ve seen this made with sliced American cheese or by shredding your own…or, if you can handle it, you can go without, but you may have to change the name of the recipe to hamburger soup, lol!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT BEEF RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Beef & Cheesy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes cubed
- 3 large carrots diced
- 3 celery ribs diced
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Optional: Diced pickles tomatoes, lettuce for garnish
- Brown the ground beef and onion in the Instant Pot using the Saute function.
- Drain grease.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, and spices.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the valve to seal it.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes on Manual, High Pressure.
- 10 minutes after the timer has passed, release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the milk.
- Mix together cornstarch and water.
- Add cornstarch slurry to the pot.
- Using the Saute function, cook for about 3 more minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and serve.
- Optional: Top with diced dill pickles, tomatoes and/or lettuce for a delicious topping for your Cheeseburger Soup.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Happenings From our Family of 9…..
This picture is of our 4 youngest children (out of 7). They were at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO and this is one of their favorite rides. Nobody seems to remember what to call this ride, so they call it the “Uppy-Downy Thing”. All ages can ride it and they all seem to love it, too!