With my Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe, you can have a delicious, savory whole chicken ready and on the table in just minutes!
INSTANT POT WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPE
My family loves it when I make chicken for dinner, and now it’s easier than ever! With my Instant Pot, I can have a whole chicken on the table in under half an hour. It’s savory, juicy, and delicious – and it’s so easy to make!
DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE COOKING TIME IF MY CHICKEN IS A DIFFERENT SIZE?
This recipe is written for an average 4 pound chicken, so if your chicken is larger or smaller, you will need to adjust the cooking time. It’s really easy to do this, though! Just set your Instant Pot for 6 minutes for each pound of chicken, and you’re good to go!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH INSTANT POT WHOLE CHICKEN?
There are so many great possibilities! Personally, I love to serve Instant Pot Whole Chicken with a salad and some Cheesy Garlic Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Feel free to serve up your favorites, though!
WILL INSTANT POT WHOLE CHICKEN FREEZE WELL?
This recipes freezes very well! We don’t often have leftovers – it’s just that good – but if you do, you can package them up and freeze them easily. You can also keep any leftovers in the fridge for easy lunches or dinners throughout the week!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken & Broccoli with Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata with Creamy Lemon Sauce
- Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
- 1 4 pound whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine the spices and gently rub them all over the outside of the chicken.
- Loosen the skin and try to get some of the spices between the skin and the chicken, as well.
- Using Saute function, put Olive oil or butter in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken and cook on the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Deglaze it by adding a cup of chicken broth in the bottom, continuing to scrape the bottom so that there are no large brown spots on bottom of the pan (this will prevent the burn notice from coming up while cooking).
- Place trivet at the bottom of the Instant Pot and place whole chicken on top of the trivet (leaving the liquid in the bottom).
- Cover and close the valve. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 24 minutes. Natural release for 15 minutes, then quick release
- Remove chicken and slice pieces off of it to serve for dinner.
MADE THIS RECIPE?