These 5 Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes Are Drool-Worthy, Delicious Desserts That The Whole Family Will Love!
5 Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
There’s nothing like a delicious, chocolatey treat is there? Well, these Oreo cupcakes are about to make you so happy, you won’t know what to do with yourself!
With a hint of coffee granules, these cupcakes explode in your mouth! My whole family loves how yummy these are and can’t wait to devour them immediately after they are done!
DO I HAVE TO USE COFFEE?
Some people just don’t like the taste of coffee, and that’s okay! If that’s you, you can definitely leave that part out and go coffee-free! For me, I don’t really like coffee either, but I found that I didn’t notice it as much
DO I HAVE TO USE NAME BRAND OREOS?
No! You can use any chocolate cookies with cream in the middle for this recipe! Either way, it’ll be delicious!
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO CRUSH THE OREOS?
If you have a food processor, that would be best. If not, you can do it by putting it in a bag and crushing them with your hands (kids have fun with this!) or just beating up with a fork or spoon, though that may get messy!
I DON’T HAVE A STAND MIXER – HOW DO I MIX THE FROSTING?
A hand held mixer is always fine. Or, you can just break out that spoon and bowl and start mixing! Just be sure that everything is really well mixed before you start frosting the cupcakes. You don’t want to have chunks in the frosting!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS DESSERT RECIPES?
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Pops
- To Die For Peanut Butter Chocolate Divine Recipe
- Strawberry Lazy Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake – The Best Cake EVER
5 Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes Recipe
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg room temp.
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Vanilla cream liquor
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
For the Oreo frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup finely crushed Oreo crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line your muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder,
- baking soda, and salt, sift to combine.
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar stir until combined.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, cream beer, and vanilla extract. Stir until
- Add the instant coffee to the 4 cup boiling water and mix until dissolved.
- Add the coffee to the mixing bowl and mix.
- Pour the batter in the cupcake liners.
- Fill each one 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350°F for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool
To make Oreo frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a
- large mixing bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add the butter on medium speed and beat for 1 minute.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Continue to mix to combine.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Mix on medium-high speed until the mixture is combined.
- Add the Oreo crumbs on low-speed and combine.
- Pipe the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish each one with a mini Oreo.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Family Happenings This Week From our Family of 9:
Last month, 2 of my younger kids were in Children’s Summer Theater and got to be in the musical Cinderella Kids. The picture below is my 2 kids that were in the play, along with my oldest son. The smallest child in the middle is my best friend’s son. He and my youngest son were both 6 at the time and Town Criers in the play, where they announced the Prince’s ball. They were so cute! My daughter, was in the chorus. We had so much fun watching them!