It’s time! Finally!
Are you ready for a new week of recipes?
You’ve probably already seen these recipes, but it’s finally time to put them all together into a weekly plan for you.
In this week, you’ll be able to prepare the following recipes:
If you’re unfamiliar with Crockpot Freezer Meals. Here’s the general idea.
- Shop for one week (or more if you wish) of dinner recipes (using the provided shopping list)
- Do all of your prep work for the week at once, including chopping of veggies, browning of meat, etc.
- Assemble your meals for the week in a freezer safe bag.
- Label your bag with what your item is and what instructions you need for cooking day on the bag.
- Get as much air out of the bag as possible and lay flat to freeze.
- If you know you’re going to be using the recipe within a day or two, you can just refrigerate it.
- On cooking day, throw the meal in your crockpot, following any “extra” instructions that you labeled for yourself.
Note: The prep time should take about 1-1.5 hours. These recipes feed our family of 8 (probably about 6 adults though as we have some little people who don’t eat much).
Crockpot Freezer Meals – Week 8
Each recipe is linked above. Each recipe makes enough for about 6-8 people unless otherwise stated. Our family has 8 in it, but 2 of them eat like birds, so I usually say that each recipe would feed 6 adults.
Below, I have included the shopping list and the assembly instructions. If you would prefer to have a printable version that has all the recipes, shopping list, assembly instructions, pictures and labels included, you can purchase this downloadable copy for $2.99.
If you prefer not to purchase the printable copy, here is the shopping list and assembly instructions below. I do hope you enjoy!
7-8 Pounds lean ground beef
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts **(enough for your family for one meal)**
2 lbs sweet or hot Italian
1 pound bacon
5 medium onions
2 green peppers
3 red, yellow or green peppers
3 clove garlic
6-7 small to medium Potatoes, Cubed
(or can substitute shredded potatoes/hash browns if you want to freeze ahead)
1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
1 Package Au Jus mix
1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
26 oz can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup beef broth
64 oz Chicken Broth
5 15oz cans diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
3 8oz cans of tomato sauce
6 oz can of tomato paste
1 can corn (optional)
2 15 oz cans of peas
1 cup brown rice
Instant Mashed Potatoes (optional)
Brown sugar (need 2 Tbsp)
2 1/4 Cup milk
8 oz pkg of cream cheese Cubed
4 cups Cheddar Cheese
hash browns/shredded potatoes (unless you went with fresh potatoes)
2 packs of Hamburger buns
Gallon Size Freezer Bags
Quart Size Freezer Bags
- Chop 3 Onions & 2 green peppers into pieces
- Chop 3 (red, green or yellow) peppers & 2 onions into long strips
- Dice 3 cloves of garlic (or use minced if you prefer)
- Chop or Shred Carrots
- Brown 5-6 pounds of Ground Beef
- Brown Italian Sausage (cutting into pieces while cooking)
- Cook pound of bacon (I like to do this in the oven on cookie sheets)
- If you bought thawed chicken, chop your chicken into bite sized pizzas. If frozen, you’ll wait until after you cook them.
- Chop Cream Cheese into cubes
- Assemble Salisbury Steak Patties (using Recipe 1), dredge them in flour and Brown
- In a medium bowl, prepare the Au Jus mixture according to package instructions and mix with 2 cans of Cream of mushroom soup.
- Place browned beef patties and soup mixture into gallon sized freezer safe bag.
- Label “Salisbury Steak” and lay flat to freeze.
- Place all ingredients for Stuffed Pepper Soup except rice in gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Label “Stuffed Pepper Soup” and attach a note to add the rice to the crockpot on the day of cooking. Lay flat to freeze.
- Mix all ingredients for Pizza Burgers together in a gallon size freezer safe bag. (except hamburger buns and cheese)
- Label “Pizza Burgers” & lay flat to freeze.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour with 26 oz cream of chicken soup
- Place frozen chicken breasts and soup mixture into gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Label with “Chicken Ala King” and lay flat to freeze.
- Place onions strips and green peppers strips together into a quart sized freezer bag.
- Mix together 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, 6 oz can of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of beef broth and place in a 2nd freezer bag.
- Staple 2 bags together at the top
- Label with “Crockpot Sausage & Peppers”. Lay flat to freeze.
- Break Bacon into little pieces, and place 1/2 of the pieces into a small freezer bag.
- Place ingredients to Cheeseburger soup, except Milk, Flour and Cheese into 1-2 gallon sized freezer bags. (if you want to withhold canned goods, you can, saving space in your freezer bag, just be sure to add on cooking day)
- Place 3 cups of cheese into a quart size freezer safe bag.
- Staple 3-4 bags together.
- Label with “Cheeseburger Soup” and lay flat to freeze.