Instant Pot Ham Is the Perfect Addition to Your Holiday Table. No Need to Reserve this Delicious Dish for the Holidays, Though…It’s Easy Enough to Make Any Time!
INSTANT POT HAM
A holiday ham is a traditional favorite in many families. It sure is in ours! Cooking a ham in the oven takes up so much time and oven space, though. I figured there had to be a better way!
So, I experimented a bit with my Instant Pot, and I’m so glad I did! Ham in the Instant Pot is not only super easy, but it’s also fast and delicious. It also goes well with my Southern Cornbread Muffins and Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes. Instant Pot Ham is definitely going on my holiday menu plan!
DON’T I NEED TO ADD MORE LIQUID TO MY INSTANT POT?
Normally, you want to add at least a cup of water, stock, or other liquid to your your Instant Pot so that it will come to pressure. However, the ham will release quite a bit of liquid when it starts to cook. This will be enough to both bring it to pressure and to make a beautiful glaze!
WILL THE HAM DRY OUT IN THE INSTANT POT?
As much as we love ham, the thing I don’t love is when it dries out in the oven. There’s really not many things worse than spending the money on a ham that is just going to dry out!
That’s the beautiful thing about the Instant Pot. The short cooking time and pressurized conditions result in a ham that is juicy, moist, and just plain delicious!
WILL INSTANT POT HAM FREEZE WELL?
Defiantly, this ham freezes so easily, and you can use it for so many things! Just think of all the possibilities. You can make everything from casseroles to soup or stew – even breakfast dishes! You can also keep the slices on hand to serve with some delicious sides for a quick weeknight dinner. The possibilities are endless!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Taco Pie
- Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Instant Pot Cajun Tilapia with Alfredo Sauce
- Instant Pot Cheesy Ground Beef & Shells
Super Easy Instant Pot Ham
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bone-in spiral cut ham ours was about 8 pounds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- Place water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place ham in over the top of that.
- Mix together the brown sugar and honey.
- Pour over the top of the ham.
- Close lid and valve.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Natural release 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Remove ham and place in serving dish.
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute, and cook liquid down to thicken a bit.
- Pour sauce over the top of the ham.
MADE THIS RECIPE?