Instant Pot Pork Carnitas are an Easy, Delicious, and Versatile Meal Your Family Will Adore!
We love using the Instant Pot. It makes cooking fast and easy and the flavors blend to perfection. Its also fun to try a variety of dishes. Some of our favorites include Instant Pot Chicken Piccata with Creamy Lemon Sauce and Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff.
Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
Pork Carnitas are a wonderfully flavorful, comforting, and satisfying recipe. They are also easy to make and just plain yummy!
The carnitas meat can be used in so many ways – nachos (check out my slow cooker version!), burritos, tacos, enchiladas, tamales…the list is endless. You can even pair it with pasta for a fun, easy dish!
DOES INSTANT POT PORK CARNITAS FREEZE WELL?
Instant Pot Pork Carnitas freezes wonderfully! This is a good thing, because this recipe makes quite a bit. If your family is anything like mine, though, you’ll have to put some aside to freeze. Otherwise, there won’t be any left!
CAN I LEAVE OUT THE COLA?
You can substitute broth or another liquid for the cola (it won’t affect the cooking time), but I wouldn’t! It might seem like an odd ingredient, but the flavor is amazing. The combination of sweet and spicy, along with the depth of flavor, will make Instant Pot Pork Carnitas one of your family’s favorite recipes!
CAN THE SPICE MIX BE USED FOR OTHER RECIPES?
It definitely can! Personally, I like to make a larger batch of the spice mix (chili powder through the pepper) to have on hand. It is a wonderful addition to a lot of Mexican-inspired recipes.
When I’m ready to make this recipe, I just measure out 2 Tbsp of it and I’m ready to go!
Enjoy – I know this will be a family favorite!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Stew
Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- 3 lbs. boneless pork butt roast
- 1 cup Coke
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. diced green chilies
- 1 cup water
- Seasoning Mixture
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch optional
- 1 Tbsp water optional
- In a small bowl add all of the seasonings.
- Cut pork into 1-2 Inch pieces.
- Set to the side.
- Place meat in Instant Pot.
- Add in 1 cup water.
- Pour your seasonings all over the pork.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Then do a 30 minute natural release.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Place the pork back into the Instant Pot.
- Mix together Coke, brown sugar, enchilada sauce and green chilies in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce all over the pork.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute' and stir until sauce thickens.
- Using two forks shred your pork into small pieces.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Happenings From Our Family of 9
We are very fortunate to live less than three miles from a state park. We like to spend evenings walking out there and it just so happens that the weather last week was amazing for a couple of days. Pictured is several of our family enjoying one of those evening. Its so nice to get out and enjoy the milder temperatures in the middle of a HOT summer.