This Easy Crockpot Chili Recipe is something to love, that’s for sure! We like to make a double batch of it and have enough leftover for chili dogs, chili fries, chili potatoes, Frito chili pies and more. We eat on that pot of Crockpot Chili as long as we possibly can!
This pot of chili is amazing to serve for company, to take camping, to eat in the fall or cold weather and just… to eat in general. Ha!
This is a double batch. I do this so that you can have extras for lunches to serve over hot dogs or baked potatoes. Of course, if you don’t want that much, you can cut the recipe in half. The original recipe is made to serve 4-6 people.
Can you put raw meat in the slow cooker for chili?
Yes, you can if you choose a very low fat meat. If your ground beef is 70-85% fat content, I would not leave it in. My preferred method is to cook it on the skillet first before adding it to the slow cooker.
How long should chili cook?
I believe that chili is best when it simmers all day, so 6-8 hours on low is ideal for the best flavor. Of course, if you need it quick, you can always cook it on the stove top until it’s all the way warmed through, but the flavors won’t meld quite as nicely.
Should I drain the beans for Easy Crockpot Chili?
No, when using Chili beans, it has a little bit of extra flavor that will help your chili flavor. Don’t worry about draining them. If you use Pinto beans instead, then yes, I would drain them.
What Should I serve with this Easy Crockpot Chili Recipe?
I highly recommend making cornbread. You could try this amazing Southern Cornbread Muffins recipe.
MORE AMAZING CROCKPOT RECIPES:
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Biscuits
- Slow Cooker Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
- Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Hearty Chicken Chili Crockpot Recipe
Easy Crockpot Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 10-15 oz cans diced tomatoes Mexican style
- 4 15 oz cans chili beans
- 2 envelopes seasoning we prefer to use 1 envelope of Williams that flavors 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Brown hamburger with onion. Drain.
- Dump hamburger mixture along with all other ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Place all ingredients into a gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Label and lay flat to freeze.
- Let thaw before cooking in slow cooker.
This meal is part of the Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal plan