This Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak has been on my menu for weeks, but I kept putting it off. I’m the one who likes the dump it in recipes and this one requires that you actually have to at least form patties and partially precook the meat. To be honest, I was dreading it, but really wanted to try out this recipe. Well, let me tell you, it really wasn’t any big deal. You wouldn’t want to do it on your most rushed days, but seriously, sometimes I make things harder than they really are. Once I finally decided to assemble this dish, I was super happy with how quickly it came together. I was even happier with how delicious it was! The gravy it was cooked in made a great gravy for the mashed potatoes we served with it. I had no complaints from my family of 8. They all ate it up quickly, with no leftovers either!
Tweet to save this recipe!Click To Tweet Print
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Recipe – a Crockpot Freezer Meal
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Method: Slow Cooker
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, and milk.
- Form beef mixture into 8 patties.
- Dredge the patties in flour to coat
- Brown the patties on both sides (You don’t have to fully cook them if you don’t want to since they’ll be cooking for 4 or more hours in the slow cooker, too)
- Place the browned patties into the slow cooker, layering them if you need to
- In a medium bowl, prepare the Au Juis mixture according to package instructions.
- Mix in both cans of cream soup
- Pour the mixture over the patties.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until beef is done.
(Pin this, please!)
Freezer to Slow Cooker Recipe Instructions
- Follow instructions 1-4 above.
- Place browned patties into a gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Follow instructions 6-7
- Pour this mixture over the patties in the bag.
- Mix around, being sure to coat all the patties.
- Lay flat to freeze, to maximize freezer space.
- Label & Freeze.
*Some links in this post are affiliate links.