Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole is a family favorite that is a delicious addition to any meal!
SLOW COOKER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Green Bean Casserole is one of those “necessary” dishes on so many holiday tables. I mean, is it really a holiday feast without the Green Bean Casserole? It’s definitely a favorite in our family!
I wanted to find a way to make it that would free up my oven, though. My slow cooker came to the rescue – this recipe has all of the creamy, savory goodness you love with this casserole, but you don’t have to take up oven space. Sounds like a winner to me!
WHICH CREAM SOUP SHOULD I USE FOR SLOW COOKER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE?
My family loves the Cream of Chicken soup in this dish, so that’s what I use. I love the flavor it imparts, and I don’t have to worry about any picky eaters searching through for bits of mushroom. If you want to use another though, like Cream of Mushroom, feel free! Either will work just fine!
WHAT SHOULD I PAIR WITH SLOW COOKER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE?
This dish goes well with any holiday favorite, like ham, turkey, or roast beef, but it’s also wonderful for a weeknight dinner or family weekend meal. And because your slow cooker does all the work, you can have it any time!
WILL SLOW COOKER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE FREEZE WELL?
You can freeze this casserole! The key is to use fresh or frozen green beans instead of canned. These have a better texture anyway, so I encourage you to use them. Cool it completely, wrap it tightly so that the container is airtight, and freeze for up to 1-2 months. Note that there can be some separation during the freezing process, so you will want to stir well when you thaw the casserole. Then, just heat it up and you will be ready to go!
WANT MORE EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPE IDEAS?
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Apples
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Tomato Ravioli Soup
- Slow Cooker Dorito Casserole
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- 2 16 oz packages frozen cut green beans
- 2 10.75 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 6 oz can French-fried onions divided
- Combine green beans, cream of chicken soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and half the can of French-fried onions in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Top the cooked green bean casserole with remaining French-fried onions.
MADE THIS RECIPE?