Slow Cooker Beef Shepherd’s Pie
My family was very hesitant to eat this slow cooker beef shepherds pie recipe.
My biggest vegetable hater child kept saying how she doesn’t like Shepherd’s pie.
My much younger veggie hater, said she wasn’t hungry.
We stuck to our guns and told them that they had to at least try it. Guess what? They LOVED it!
Yep. Success! I was thinking…. c’mon girls, it’s just peas and carrots (and a little onion that they never noticed). Thankfully, they got past it and realized it was delicious.
My 18 month old ate 3 small servings of it. We always start with a small amount, just in case he decides to toss it, but this time, he kept handing his plate back to us. LOL
It was great! And a definite kitchen win for our family!
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
Crockpot Beef Shepherds Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef browned
- 1 medium onion (chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz bag frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Instant Mashed Potatoes Enough for your family, I usually make 8-12 servings
- Mix all ingredients together except mashed potatoes. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Mix up mashed potatoes, the day you plan to serve the meal. Put on top of the meat & veggie mixture and cook for 30 minutes, giving the mashed potatoes a chance to heat all the way through. We topped ours with cheese....but that is totally optional!
Steps to Prep this for the Freezer:
- Brown ground beef, chop onion, mince garlic.
- Mix all ingredients together except mashed potatoes. Place in freezer safe bag, label, lay flat and freeze.
Are you interested in more Crockpot Freezer Recipes? Go here: Freezer to Slow Cooker