This Instant Pot Low Carb Greek Chicken is one meal that you’ll be able to make in a jiffy. If you’re limited on time and craving a hearty meal, this is the one for you.
Being able to cook this Instant Pot Low Carb Greek Chicken in your Instant Pot is a real game changer. Not only does it cut the cooking time literally in half just by using your Instant Pot, but it also creates a mouth-watering and delicious meal with ease, too. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
There aren’t many recipes out there as simple as this one! All you need to do is add in your ingredients and let your Instant Pot do all the work! This is truly dinner, made simple.
Instant Pot Low Carb Greek Chicken
Don’t stress out over having no “real” dinner plans. This meal will be on your table quicker than you change out of your work clothes!
We recently started on a low carb diet and we use a lot of the meals in my Low Carb Freezer to Slow Cooker & Instant Pot Meal Plan. This was one of the first ones I tried and I absolutely loved it! I managed to lose 12 pounds in my first month of being on this plan and it was so easy to lose!
Mmm, the feta cheese that is crumbled over the top and the black olives are just dreamy tasting! Looking at this picture makes my mouth water, dreaming of this amazing recipe again and again, lol.
What would be a good side dish to this low carb Greek Chicken recipe?
Great question. Adding a nice side salad in with this meal would be a good choice! Another good option would be a nice portion of steamed veggies as well. Just be careful not to choose the starchy veggies like corn, potatoes or peas. Use dark green vegetables instead. Chicken really goes well with anything so you can add most any side dish to this meal.
Can I add any extras to this Instant Pot Low Carb Greek Chicken?
Sure! If you want to add in some extra’s, go for it. Toppings are never really a bad thing, right? Unless of course you’re trying to eat low carb and you add to many carbs, so be careful to keep that in mind. You can add on some cheese, or parmesan chips or even just a bit of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Treat your tastebuds to what they like, within reason of course!
Can you make this Instant Pot recipe spicy?
You can, but I wouldn’t. The flavors of Greek chicken don’t really meld well with spicy. If you decide to try it anyway, I’d consider adding in some cayenne pepper. Just keep in mind that it’s always a good idea to do this to your own bowl separately so the entire dish doesn’t have to be spicy for everyone else as well.
How Many Carbs Does this Greek Chicken Recipe Have?
You can check the nutrition data at the bottom, but it has 9 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber. If you’re doing net carbs, that means that you will deduct the amount of fiber from the total amount of carbs, leaving only 6 net carbs per serving when cooking this recipe. Be careful not to go overboard eating all of the black olives (like I was tempted to do), because that will add an additional amount of carbs to your totals.
WANT MORE EASY RECIPE IDEAS TO MAKE IN YOUR INSTANT POT ?
- Instant Pot Chuck Roast
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- Instant Pot Pork Adobo
Instant Pot Low Carb Greek Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon jarred minced garlic
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 12 oz jar marinated roasted red peppers drained and diced
- 1 8 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta optional
- Salt and pepper each side of your chicken thighs. Slice red onion and dice roasted red pepper.
- Place chicken on the bottom of your slow cooker with garlic on top.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts, peppers, and olives around the chicken. Top with red onion. In a bowl, mix together chicken broth, vinegar, lemon, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Close lid and valve. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Natural release for 6 minutes, then quick release.
- Spoon out some of the juice and add 1 tablespoon of arrowroot starch to the juice, whisk, and pour back into the Instant Pot.
- Allow the sauce to thicken for another 15-20 minutes before serving. Serve with side salad and feta cheese.
Meet the Robinsons
My son Colton just turned 8 years old. He had his typical Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whipped cream. It’s also my favorite, so I love it when he follows in his mama’s footsteps! I can hardly believe he’s already 8. I started this blog when he was first born… and it seems to have gone so fast!