Instant Pot Pork Adobo is a savory, spicy, delicious meal that your family will love!
INSTANT POT PORK ADOBO RECIPE
If your family likes spicy, savory flavors, they will love my Instant Pot Pork Adobo recipe! Juicy, tender pork shoulder cooked in well-balanced spices and herbs…yum! It’s a family favorite at my house, and in my Instant Pot, it’s ready in about an hour!
CAN I ADJUST THE SPICE LEVEL FOR INSTANT POT PORK ADOBO?
This is one thing I love about Instant Pot Pork Adobo. It’s so easy to adjust the spiciness to fit your family’s preference! Chipotles in adobo do carry a good amount of spice, so feel free to adjust it as needed.
If you would like less spice, just remove the peppers and use the adobo sauce. You can freeze the peppers to use in other recipes! If you want to increase the spice, go ahead and cut up a few peppers to cook with the pork. Be aware though, a little goes a long way!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH INSTANT POT PORK ADOBO?
Because Pork Adobo is a spicier recipe, I recommend serving something that will counter the spices like Cheesy Garlic Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes or Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes. Add a salad and some Southern Cornbread Muffins, and you’ve got a dinner that your family will adore!
WILL INSTANT POT PORK ADOBO FREEZE WELL?
Instant Pot Pork Adobo freezes very well, and it’s so easy to add in to other recipes! Just package up any leftovers and pull them out whenever you need them. They’re great for sandwiches or sliders, on nachos, or a quick lunch or dinner!
WANT MORE EASY PORK RECIPE IDEAS?
- Super Easy Instant Pot Ham
- Instant Pot Pork Roast & Gravy
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Sweet Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pork Adobo Recipe
- 3 lbs pork shoulder fat trimmed
- 2 4- oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 onion chopped into quarters
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Pour both cans of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce into bowl.
- If you’re OK with spicy, cut up the peppers with scissors or a knife.
- If you prefer less heat, pull out the chipotle peppers.
- Mix in all spices and a cup of water.
- Place pork shoulder in Instant Pot. Salt and pepper the pork shoulder.
- Pour Adobo mixture over the meat.
- Set on high for 45 minutes; Natural release Pull the pork apart using two forks and mix together with the sauce remaining in the Instant Pot.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Happenings from our family of 9
The weather has been pretty consistently cold, wet and miserable here all winter. The past several years have been mild with plenty of sunny days, so this is an adjustment. Pictured below are the girls during on of our camping outings last year. Just a reminder that brighter days are just around the corner!