This Easy Pumpkin French Toast Casserole Recipe is the Perfect Make-Ahead Breakfast for a Chilly Fall Morning or Holiday Brunch!
EASY PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
This time of year calls for family together-time and holiday celebrations. It also calls for pumpkin! Fortunately, these two favorites fit together beautifully in one delicious recipe.
It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s budget-friendly. Really, who could ask for more?
WHAT KIND OF BREAD SHOULD I USE?
You can use just about any type of bread you like, but I would suggest using a firm bread that will stand up to the custard and the cooking time. Challah, French or Italian bread, or Ciabatta are all good options.
CAN I USE DAY-OLD BREAD FOR EASY PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE?
You certainly can – that’s part of what makes this recipe so easy! There’s no need to make sure you have fresh bread on hand. When you want to relax with family, that’s one more thing off your plate!
Actually, French Toast Casserole tends to work even better when you use day-old bread, since it soaks up all that wonderful custard and still has an amazing texture when it’s done.
WILL EASY PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE FREEZE WELL?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing this recipe, but it will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. It makes a wonderful snack or quick meal whenever you get a craving for it!
WANT MORE EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPES?
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Gnocchi
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken & Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Tomato Ravioli Soup
- Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
Easy Pumpkin French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 1 loaf of Italian Bread cubed
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 6 eggs Large
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- powdered sugar optional topping
- Syrup optional topping
- Cube the bread into small to medium sized squares.
- Place cubed bread in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over the bread.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours.
- Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
MADE THIS RECIPE?