Do You Have a Crowd to Feed for Breakfast? Slow Cooker Sausage & Egg Casserole is an Easy to Serve a Delicious Breakfast or Brunch!
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
This is one of my favorite ways to cook breakfast for a crowd. When you cook for a large family, that’s a pretty common event! However, Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is also a great option for a holiday breakfast or event.
With the slow cooker, all the work is done for you – just mix it up and let it go!
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT TYPE OF MEAT OR CHEESE?
We love the combination of ground sausage and mozzarella cheese, but you can use whatever you like! If you don’t have any sausage on hand, feel free to substitute ham, ground turkey, or hamburger. Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese would also work well!
That’s one thing I love about this recipe…you can easily customize it to whatever you have on hand. Just keep the quantities the same!
CAN I MAKE SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE AHEAD OF TIME?
This recipe is designed to be ready when you need it to, but if you would like to make it a day or two ahead of time, you certainly can! Just keep it refrigerated and reheat it when you’re ready to serve.
WILL SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE FREEZE WELL?
Due to the amount of eggs, and dairy in this recipe, I would not recommend freezing it. Doing so could cause odd textures or separation. It is easy to prep and will keep well
WANT MORE EASY RECIPE IDEAS TO PAIR WITH SOUTHERN CORNBREAD MUFFINS?
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker French Dip Soup
- Slow Cooker Tomato Ravioli Soup
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
Slow Cooker Sausage & Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 oz frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pound ground Sausage cooked
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 chopped tomato
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Chop onion & 1/2 tomato.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Mix together Eggs, milk and spices.
- Pour hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage over the top, followed by Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Put lid on slow cooker and cook overnight for 7-8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese and dried parsley. Serve.
Freezer to slow Cooker Instructions:
- Dice onion.
- Brown sausage with diced onion.
- Place ground sausage with onions in gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Add the rest of the spices to the bag and mix around well.
- Label & lay flat to freeze.
- Follow instructions on original recipe to assemble the recipe on cooking day.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Happenings From Our Family of 9
We went on vacation last week to Branson, Missouri. The resort we were staying at, had plenty of great amenities that kept the kids busy, including basketball. This picture is of my husband schooling my 13 year old daughter in how to play basketball. He’s been playing since he was in grade school and has always loved the sport. We had just gotten out of the pool, so she wasn’t exactly dressed for the game, but it was a fun time of learning to shoot baskets and just being together as a family.