Now that summer has arrived, it’s time to start thinking about how to keep cool, right? Plenty of water, air conditioning, and of course splash parks are all great ways to keep cool during the hot months.
Another way to keep cool is to simply not heat up the house. One way to accomplish that is to use the crockpot as much as possible. To get you started, I’ve rounded up 30 fantastic crock pot side dishes you can try out this summer.
30 Crock Pot Side Dishes
- Loaded Slow-Cooker Potatoes are pure comfort food!
- Crock Pot Zucchini & Squash Casserole makes a fantastic side dish. You can also make it the entree.
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn is one of those sides that goes with just about anything.
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Green Beans are a cinch to make, and a great side dish for potlucks and family meals.
- Crockpot Sweet Potatoes are versatile. You can top them with just about anything!
- Slow Cooker Turnip Greens will be your family’s new favorite side dish!
- Crockpot Bacon Mac and Cheese brings to favorite comfort foods together in one delicious dish.
- Easy Slow Cooker Corn – Never boil corn on the cob again!
- Slow Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots are sweet, buttery, and oh-so-addictive.
- Slow Cooker Applesauce is loved my kids and adults, alike. (Plus it’s freezer friendly!)
Slow Cooker Bacon and Mushroom Risotto is a hands-off, creamy and cheesy. Packed with bacon flavor, it’s sure to a winner with your family and friends.
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans is a great side, and even a fantastic dip!
- Crockpot Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin will make even the pickiest eaters happy.
- Creamy Mexican Style Crock Pot Cheesy Rice will level up your next Taco Tuesday dinner.
- Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables – no need for the oven to get delicious veggies.
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are velvety rich.
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Baked Beans – a twist on a classic dish.
- Broccoli and Rice Casserole is great any time of year.
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples are traditionally a fall food, but they’d taste just as good in the summer.
- The Best Slow Cooker Pinto Beans makes a hearty meal that doesn’t eat up your budget. (Also freezer friendly!)
- Slow Cooker Herbed Mushrooms and Onions are a great topping for burgers.
- If you love bacon, potatoes and flavor, you will love this yummy German Potato Salad.
- Season your potatoes with Indian spices, toss them in the slow cooker, and you’ve got these delicious Slow Cooker Bombay Potatoes.
- All you need is a few pantry staples to make Slow Cooker Balsamic Brussel Sprouts.
- Loaded Crock Pot Mashed Cauliflower is a delicious vegetable side your entire family will enjoy.
- Slow Cooker Beer Mac and Cheese is incredibly simple and delicious.
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole isn’t just for Thanksgiving. It makes a great side dish all year long.
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Barbecue Baked Beans are a crowd pleaser!
- Looking for an EASY side dish? Try these Garlic Ranch Slow Cooker Potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Carrots with Herbed Honey Butter Sauce is a fun, colorful, delicious side dish.
- You can serve this Slow Cooker Zucchini Ziti as a side or as the main dish.