I’m trying to eat healthier, so I’m always on the look out for anything with vegetables and sweet potatoes. This one, I originally assembled backwards and it created mushy sweet potatoes that were over boiled on the bottom. I’ve fixed that, by moving the sweet potatoes to the top and getting it out of the liquid as well as shortening the cook time. Plus, I cut them into too small pieces. Other than my mushy potatoes, it was really good (and I’ll show you how not to have quite as much mush in your finished product). I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Maple Glazed Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (Enough for your family)
Sweet Potatoes (Enough for your family, I used 4 large ones)
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Slice Sweet Potatoes into large pieces (so that they don’t disintegrate).
- Chop green onions.
- Sprinkle paprika and salt all over each side of the boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Pour green onions and sweet potatoes over the chicken.
- Mix together maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. You may want to check the sweet potatoes for tenderness and remove them if they cook too quickly.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
Chop Sweet Potatoes (into large pieces) and green onions.
Mix together maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce and place all ingredients (except spices) into freezer safe bag.
On cooking day, plan to sprinkle the chicken with paprika and salt before placing in the slow cooker.
Thaw freezer bag before cooking. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.