Today is day 2 of my series:
If you missed yesterday’s post, you’ll want to check out How to Make Coasters: Patriotic Style.
I love making these 4th of July layered drinks! Not only do they look really nice, they also taste amazing.
In order to maintain your layers, you need to select beverages with varying amounts of sugar content. The higher the sugar content, the more it sinks.
For our layered drink, we bought the following:
- Red: Cran-Apple juice, 32 g. sugar
- White: V-8 Splash Pina Colada Smoothies, 18 g. sugar
- Blue: Blue Gatorade G2, 7 g. sugar
Directions for 4th of July Drinks:
- Start by pouring your Cran-Apple juice into the bottom 1/4 of the glass.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice.
- Pour the Pina Colada juice gently over the ice so that it slowly trickles in.
- Do the same with the blue Gatorade.
Our top layer didn’t turn out quite as blue as we would have liked, but I think it was my fault as I didn’t make sure that I bought the darkest blue Gatorade there was. Keep that in mind when you’re shopping for yours!
Everyone, including both mom AND dad absolutely loved this drink! It was so refreshing! It really made you feel like you were getting a treat!! My kids say we should sell it. I’m not exactly sure who we’re selling it, too….lol…but, I guess it’s so good they’d pay for it!
A couple of the girls decided to add some strawberries and blueberries to it and mix it up. They enjoyed it greatly!
And don’t forget to go enter into the $80 giveaway and visit the other bloggers who are taking part in this series, by clicking on the picture below. You’ll see topics like:
5 Days of Summer Learning – Monique of Living Life and Learning
5 Days of Summer Organizing - Sherri of From Our Front Porch Lookin’ In…