This recipe is a different kind of recipe. It focuses more on health than on rich, fattening ingredients. Thankfully, the taste does not suffer at all!
I’m starting to focus on healthy, diet friendly recipes for my slow cooker. I’m about to get going on a new eating plan (aka diet) and I think this one fits the bill! It was really good and a great way to fill up the freezer! This made a large pot that we ate on for several days, but the next time I make it, I’m going to put individual serving sizes in quart size freezer bags so that I can have plenty of food for my lunches, when I’m on a diet.
In the past, I’ve bought Progresso Light Soup as a staple for my kitchen while on a diet. While those soups are good, this one is much better, and so much better for you, too!
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken Soup
- Chop onion.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the soup is cooked through, chop chicken up into small pieces using a knife or kitchen shears.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Chop onion.
- Place all ingredients in a gallon size zip lock bag. (If you need room, you can put it into 2 bags or hold some of the canned goods out until cooking day.)
- Label and lay flat to freeze.
- Follow instructions above on cooking day.