Today is the day that I begin my new health regiment. I hate to call it a diet. It really does have to be a way of life, if it’s ever going to stick. Plus, it’s not all about eating. It’s about exercise and thinking and doing.
When I first made the My Weight Loss Success Plan, I knew that I would have to do the whole goal setting thing in order to be successful. It’s hard for me though. I like to be vague with myself, so maybe I won’t have to do the hard work.
Well, I’m really starting to feel bad about how I feel and how I look. More about how I feel than how I look though. For some reason, I don’t see myself looking as bad as I actually do. I do see it when I see myself in a video, because I’m horrified when I see that. But, in the mirror, I can suck it in, stand at the best angle and my brain seems to think that everyone must see me that way. Ha! Not if I look anything like the video I saw myself in. That girl was fat!
So, I pulled up one of the first pages I’m going to be filling out in My Weight Loss Success Plan.
It’s the one where I set measurable goals…. it looks like this:
As I’m filling out my worksheet today, this is what I’m going to put on it.
- I want to lose 7 pounds per month until I reach my goal of losing 80 pounds.
- I want to wear a size 10 pants by the end of 2016.
This post contains affiliate links.
That’s really hard for me to tell you this. My mind keeps saying, what if I fail? But I know, I have to write it out. This is part of the plan. I’m going to be totally planning this thing out. I failed in the past because I failed to plan. This time, I’m not doing that.
So…now comes the time to share exactly HOW I plan to do this. I’m going to set those Measurable Steps to make my goals a reality.
- I will wean myself from Dr Pepper, replacing it with water and soda made with Stevia if I’m feeling desperate.
- I will work up to exercising 5x per week. T-tapp workouts will be restarted again.
- I will follow a low carb eating plan, possibly converting to THM if I decide it is right for me.
- I will eat vegetables 4-6 times per day, if not more.
- I will allow myself to eat sweets from the Trim Healthy Mama plan when I feel the need to satisfy a sweet tooth.
I’ll continue to share about this as I struggle through it all. If you’re planning to be losing weight any time soon, feel free to join us in the Sidetracked By Weight Loss group. If you have bought or do buy the “My Weight Loss Success Plan“, there’s also an exclusive group for owners of the workbook. We’d love to have you in either group to share with one another more. I’ll share more about why I want to lose weight tomorrow. I’ve got a lot of reasons adding up…..
What about you? Do you know what your measurable steps will be to lose weight? Share them in a comment below. I’d love to hear them!