Wow. 90 Days? Really?
Those were my thoughts when my pastor challenged us to do just that. In fact, my kids were way more excited about it than I was!
I was good at finding excuses!
- But my house…..
- But the kids need me to ______
- But I homeschool and I’m always busy…..
- My blog will suffer……
- I have so much to do!
The truth is, I’m a busy mom and reading the Bible in 90 days is going to be really hard for me. My 3 oldest kids decided they were going to do it. I encouraged them to do it, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to be that committed. As time went on, and I was watching them as they were enjoying reading the stories of Genesis and now as they’re getting into Exodus, I decided that it will only benefit me if I join them. It’s sure not going to hurt!
I may not really get done in 90 days and I’m OK with that. There are 2 free days built in, but I may need more than that as I’ve got vacation and holidays and I’ve really not been in a good reading schedule for a long time. Regardless, I’m going to finish, in as close to 90 days as I possibly can!
Would you like to join me?
My official start date will be Monday, September 30th. If I do finish in 90 days, I’ll be done by the end of the year. How cool that would be!
If you’d like to join us, be sure to download your free 90 Day Reading Plan!
Tips for completion
- It could take up to an hour to complete your daily reading. Try breaking it up into 30 minute increments twice a day.
- Use a Bible App that will read to you (this is how all my kids are doing it) We use the Uversion App.
- If you miss a day, just pick up where you left off. The goal is to read the Bible all the way through, not to have a bunch of guilt for missing a day. You’re successful as long as you finish…even if it’s not in 90 days exactly.
If my 11, 13 and 16 year old can do it, so can you (and so can I!).
If you’re going to join me, leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!