Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup is Comfort Food At It’s Best. This warm, cheesy soup is comfort in a bowl. Its creamy goodness hits the spot on cold nights. It’s a quick recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make so it’s great for evening meals or pop-up guests. When the weather turns cold outside, why not warm up with a batch of cheeseburger soup?
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
This recipe is an economical meal for your family. The recipe calls for low-cost basic ingredients like potatoes, onions, carrots, milk and chicken broth. class=”Apple-converted-space”> Some of these ingredients you may already have on hand, or buy them ahead and store in your pantry for nights when you want to make a batch of last-minute cheeseburger soup. What could be better than saving money with this quickly put together dinner?
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup feeds a crowd. It’s a perfect meal for football parties, holiday meals or family get-togethers. Add a side of sliced bread and a salad for a complete dinner. Chopped tomatoes, croutons, chopped jalapenos, and pickles also make fun toppings for an authentic cheeseburger taste.
I’m Dairy Free, Can I Use Almond Milk Instead of Regular Milk?
Yes, almond milk is a great substitute for regular milk. Just be sure to use the sweetened, unflavored almond milk. Add the same amount of almond milk as you would regular milk and the cheeseburger soup is guaranteed to have the same delicious flavor.
What If I Don’t Like Cheddar Cheese?
No problem if you don’t like cheddar cheese! Monterey Jack cheese is a great replacement for cheddar. Your soup will still have an authentic cheeseburger flavor. Use the same amount of Monterey Jack cheese as you would cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
I’m Gluten-Free, What Can I Substitute For Flour?
The flour in this recipe is just a thickening agent, but you can use cornflour to replace the flour; it will also thicken the soup. The only change is that you will use half the amount of cornflour as you would flour. This recipe calls for 3 Tbsp. flour, so use 1 1/2 Tbsp. of cornflour instead.
Can I Substitute Ground Beef With Ground Turkey?
Yes! Ground turkey is a great substitute for ground beef. It’s not as fatty, so you may notice the soup isn’t as rich tasting. But, there shouldn’t be much of a difference. Ground turkey is a great low-calorie option if you don’t want ground beef!
Will The Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe Freeze Well?
Yes, the cheeseburger soup freezes great. Cool the soup, then pour into Ziploc bags and freeze. The soup reheats well, too.
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try:
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Instant Pot Cheesy Ground Beef & Shells
- Instant Pot Ground Beef & Rice
- The Best Meatloaf Recipe for the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cajun Tilapia
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds ground beef browned & drained
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 16 oz Velveeta
- Peel potatoes. Chop potatoes, onions, & celery.
- Place potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, basil, chicken broth and cooked ground beef in Instant Pot.
- Close lid and valve. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- While that's cooking, begin making roux by melting 3 tbsp butter in skillet.
- Add 3 tbsp all purpose flour and stir with whisk. Pour in milk and continue stirring to eliminate any clumps.
- Continue simmering, adding milk and stirring until thickened.
- Melt 3 cups of cheddar cheese in roux.
- Once done cooking, quick release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Add Roux to Instant pot to thicken.
- Top with more shredded cheese if desired
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Meet the Robinsons
We recently went to our New Year’s Eve Party and had a great time. The host got a picture of Ryan and I together before we left. At the time this picture was taken, we have been married almost 24 years.