My Grilled Sesame Chicken Thighs recipe is so good and so easy that you’ll want to keep it in your meal rotation! Your family will love the savory glaze, and you’ll love how much time and money you save!
Chicken is one of my favorite things to cook! It’s delicious and healthy, as well as being easy on the budget. Some of our favorites include The Best Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe and Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas.
GRILLED SESAME CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
Are you looking for an easy, delicious go-to recipe for dinner? I’ve got you covered! My Grilled Sesame Chicken Thighs are healthy, but they’re also covered in a deliciously sticky savory-sweet glaze that your family will love. What could be better than that?
DO I NEED TO USE CHICKEN THIGHS FOR THIS RECIPE?
If you prefer to use chicken breasts, or if they are what you have on hand, you can definitely use them for this recipe. The glaze will work well with any cut of chicken! Once you try it with chicken thighs though, I think you’ll agree that the extra juiciness and flavor from the dark meat really puts this recipe over the top.
Chicken thighs also tend to be less expensive than chicken breasts, so keeping them on hand is also great for your wallet!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH GRILLED SESAME CHICKEN THIGHS?
The savory-sweet flavor combination of this sauce would go beautifully with white or brown rice and some steamed or stir-fried veggies. I like to quickly whip up some Instant Pot Rice, if you have an Instant Pot. You can also make some veggie kabob skewers and grill them with the chicken thighs!
WILL GRILLED SESAME CHICKEN THIGHS FREEZE WELL?
These chicken thighs will freeze very well! Simply store them with a bit of leftover glaze in an airtight container or freezer bag. They’ll be ready to take out for a quick lunch or dinner whenever you need them!
WANT MORE EASY RECIPE IDEAS TO PAIR WITH SOUTHERN CORNBREAD MUFFINS?
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Bacon (Low Carb & Keto)
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
Grilled Sesame Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sugar alternative
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a plastic zip top bag, shake together liquid aminos, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar alternative, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and green onion.
- Place chicken thighs in the bag and seal. Allow to rest on the counter while you prep the grill OR place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Set up the grill with two zones: direct and indirect cooking. Heat grill to approximately 500 degrees. Oil grates prior to putting the chicken on the grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook directly over heat for two minutes on each side. Move chicken to indirect heat and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Our Large Family Happenings
As a food blogger, every year, I go to the Everything Food Conference to learn any new things I need to know in order to run a successful food blogging business. Things change from month to month and year to year and it can be so challenging to keep up. This year, I was blessed to have my friend Jamerrill Stewart from The Large Family Table attend with me. She was my roommate and we had so much fun talking business and exploring new ideas to grow our food blogs!