This Elephant Ears Biscuit Recipe is one sweet treat that you won’t want to miss out on.
If you’re looking for a super sweet and fun treat for kids, this Elephant Ears Biscuit recipe needs to be on your radar. Not only is this recipe simple and easy to do, but everyone will love the resemblance to the giant elephant ears a well. And if you love this treat, why not test your kids’ taste buds on Apple Trees or an Octopus Apple.
Having some fun food for kids mixed in here and there is a great way to expose their taste buds to the awesome variances of flavors available in cooking. This recipe for Elephant Ears Biscuits would be perfect for a zoo birthday party or even a day that you plan to visit the zoo. It’ll get you and your kids in the spirit of the day and it’ll add a little extra special touch to the fun of the day.
Elephant Ears Biscuit Recipe
For this delicious biscuit recipe, you only need 4 simple ingredients! Can you believe that it’s really that easy to create and bake this tasty treat? Why spend hours in the kitchen when you just don’t have to?
And you can rest easy knowing that you won’t have a giant mess to clean up afterward because there won’t be any crumbs left!
Can I make the biscuits homemade instead of using store-bought?
Yes, you can! If you have an amazing homemade biscuit recipe that you just love and adore, go ahead and use that instead. The main reason for using store-bought versus making homemade is that it just saves that much more extra time.
CAN I ADD ANYTHING TO THIS ELEPHANT EARS BISCUIT RECIPE?
Truth be told, this delicious biscuit recipe is actually pretty perfect. The combination of the cinnamon and the sugar with that dough…so, so good. Maybe, just maybe, if you wanted to add in a few more chocolate chips for some extra fun, you can…just know that your elephant then might look like he’s got some freckles sprinkled all over this face!
WHAT WOULD YOU SERVE THIS ELEPHANT EARS RECIPE WITH?
Who says you can’t just eat it as it is? It’s so delicious to just grab a bite, pull off and eat! But, if you’re wanting to find that healthy balance, pair it up with a nice glass of cold milk or a small container of greek yogurt. Those tastes and flavors pair together quite nicely.
WANT MORE EASY RECIPE IDEAS TO PLEASE KIDS LIKE THIS EASY ELEPHANT EARS BISCUIT RECIPE?
- Grandma’s Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
Elephant Ears Biscuits Recipe
- 1 16.3 ounce can refrigerated southern homestyle buttermilk biscuits
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 8 chocolate chip morsels or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For each elephant, you will need two biscuits. Leave one biscuit intact. For the other biscuit, cut it vertically into 3 equal parts.
- Press the outer pieces of the cut biscuit against the biscuit that was left intact, with one on each side to be the ears.
- Use a toothpick to attach the remaining strip of the cut biscuit to the intact biscuit as the elephant trunk. Give the trunk a slight twist.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the biscuits.
- Place two chocolate chips on each elephant as the eyes.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes of until golden. Remove toothpicks prior to serving.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Meet the Robinsons
My 13 year old daughter, Savannah just went to our church’s summer camp and had the time of her life! They were hot and sweaty all week, but they were happy to just be together with their youth group!