Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe is one of the best things to make in the slow cooker! Layers of noodles, layers of meat with sauce and layers of cheeses, make it a meal that the whole family will love!
Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe
We tried this crockpot lasagna recipe while we were on vacation one year. It is just like a regular lasagna, but you build it in the slow cooker instead of in a 9×13 pan.
It was a great big, hit, with kids coming back for more, more, more! (My kids seem to think if there’s leftovers, they MUST return to fill their plates again).
For the cheese, I never really measured it. I buy my shredded cheese in 5 pound bags from Sam’s, so I always have plenty. I just lightly covered each layer.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Lasagna in the Slow Cooker?
Since the meat is already cooked, Crock Pot Lasagna recipes don’t take a long time to cook in the slow cooker. Cooking on low for 4-6 hours is sufficient.
Can You Cook a Frozen Lasagna in a Crock Pot?
Yes, if you’ve frozen it yourself in the shape of your slow cooker’s pot. To do this:
- Place freezer paper in the bottom of the crock and make sure it comes up the sides so there will be handles to lift it out, once frozen.
- Assemble the lasagna in slow cooker.
- Place the whole crock in the freezer.
- Once lasagna is frozen through, wrap it in freezer paper or put in gallon size bag (if possible).
Can You Reheat Lasagna in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, especially if you wanted to use the Crock Pot Lunch Crock’s. These are perfect for taking leftovers and/or soups to work!
Here’s Some More Italian Slow Cooker Recipes…
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Soup Recipe
- Italian Beef Sliders – Slow Cooker Recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Tomato Ravioli Soup
Cheesy & Delicious Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds sausage or ground beef browned
- 2 cans 26.5 oz each Spaghetti sauce
- 1 Box Lasagna Noodles cooked
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese use as much or as little as you like
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
- Brown sausage or ground beef. Drain.
- Mix with spaghetti sauce.
- Cook lasagna noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, mix 2 cups cottage cheese, one egg and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- In the bottom of slow cooker, put a small amount of sauce on the bottom.
- Then layer noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and cheese. Repeat 2-3 times (until your run out).
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.