Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe is one of the best things to make in the slow cooker! Layers of noodles, layers of meat with sauce and layers of cheeses, make it a meal that the whole family will love!
We love making lasagna! It’s so tasty! For more lasagna recipes, you may want to try Crockpot Mexican Lasagna or Easy Ravioli Lasagna.
Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe
We tried this crockpot lasagna recipe while we were on vacation one year. It is just like a regular lasagna, but you build it in the slow cooker instead of in a 9×13 pan.
It was a great big, hit, with kids coming back for more, more, more! (My kids seem to think if there’s leftovers, they MUST return to fill their plates again).
For the cheese, I never really measured it. I buy my shredded cheese in 5 pound bags from Sam’s, so I always have plenty. I just lightly covered each layer.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Lasagna in the Slow Cooker?
Since the meat is already cooked, Crock Pot Lasagna recipes don’t take a long time to cook in the slow cooker. Cooking on low for 4-6 hours is sufficient.
Can You Cook a Frozen Lasagna in a Crock Pot?
Yes, if you’ve frozen it yourself in the shape of your slow cooker’s pot. To do this:
- Place freezer paper in the bottom of the crock and make sure it comes up the sides so there will be handles to lift it out, once frozen.
- Assemble the lasagna in slow cooker.
- Place the whole crock in the freezer.
- Once lasagna is frozen through, wrap it in freezer paper or put in gallon size bag (if possible).
Can You Reheat Lasagna in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, especially if you wanted to use the Crock Pot Lunch Crock’s. These are perfect for taking leftovers and/or soups to work!
Here’s Some More Italian Slow Cooker Recipes…
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Soup Recipe
- Italian Beef Sliders – Slow Cooker Recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Tomato Ravioli Soup
Cheesy & Delicious Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds sausage or ground beef browned
- 2 cans 26.5 oz each Spaghetti sauce
- 1 Box Lasagna Noodles cooked
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese use as much or as little as you like
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
- Brown sausage or ground beef. Drain.
- Mix with spaghetti sauce.
- Cook lasagna noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, mix 2 cups cottage cheese, one egg and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- In the bottom of slow cooker, put a small amount of sauce on the bottom.
- Then layer noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and cheese. Repeat 2-3 times (until your run out).
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
Our oven went out the middle of December and with the busy holidays I am just getting a new oven. I didn’t know you could make so many things in a slow cooker. I have enjoyed many recipes from your site and my hubby LOVES this. I do use mozzarella and cheddar combined and no boil noodles. I do add a little more water to the sauce to cook the noodles. Thanks for your great recipe site.
I accidentally gave this a 4 star, when I meant to give 5! I am so sorry; I was highlighting the stars and then poof, it was done! But this is the second time I’ve used this recipe- I love it!!
No problem. 🙂 I’m glad you enjoy it!
If I don’t boil noodles should I used oven ready or regular Lasagna noodles?
I would use oven ready.
I was wondering if I could substitute the chedder for mozzarella? I cant wait to try this in my crockpot!! lasagna that I don’t have to bake?!?! AWESOME!!!!
Yes, definitely. I often change cheeses out.
Lol so … You add the meat every layer right? Haha
Yes, because it’s mixed with the sauce.
Can you substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese??
Yes, that will work great!
Could you use the no boiling noodles? Or oven ready noodles? Thanks.
what do you fdo with the cheddar cheese? Just throw it on the top?
Sidetracked Sarah says
You use it in the layers. The directions say it like this: In the bottom of slow cooker, put a small amount of sauce on the bottom. Then layer noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and cheese. Repeat 2-3 times (until your run out). Cook on low 4-6 hours.
I hope that helps! 🙂
Do you use shredded parmeseAn cheese?
No, I usually use the powdered Parmesan cheese that you buy in a canister. You can easily use shredded though.
Do you undercook the noodles? I am wondering how soft/ mushy they get?
You layer it in with the layers and then place the rest on top.
I make this but dont boil the noodles and add a bit of extra sauce for each layer my gang loves it!
No need to boil noodles first?
Yes, you should cook them first unless you use the no boil kind and then you’d need a little more water.
What a fabulous idea! This sounds sooo yummy too. Thanks for sharing!