Monday, was my son’s 18th birthday. 18! I have been a mom for 18 years? How is that possible? We had a surprise birthday party for him on Saturday evening and the theme of the party was BACON! All food had bacon in it except for the peanut butter cup cake. We had about 25 people in our house to feed, so I was super glad that we (my girls and I) had made a large variety of bacon-y foods. We had bought 12 pounds of bacon to use, just in case. We ended up using about 9 pounds…so we did go through quite a bit of it, but not all on this one dish.
One of the favorite dishes of the day was the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites. OK, maybe that was MY personal favorite. There were lots of favorites and I’ll be sharing them with you through the week. But first, let me share with you all about the bacon wrapped chicken bites. They were the perfect mixture of flavors. I love bacon and I love chicken. Combine the two and wow, I love that flavor!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line Broiler Pan or Cookie Sheet with foil to avoid a horrible burned on mess from the brown sugar.
- Cut chicken into 2-3″ pieces.
- Slice bacon into the size of piece that will wrap around the chicken, usually in half.
- Wrap bacon around chicken pieces. (No need to use a toothpick, it will stick to the chicken).
- Roll in brown sugar.
- Place on roaster pan or cooling rack which is on top of a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, turning once at 15 minutes. Bacon should be crispy on all sides, but not burned.
Now, I know you’re wondering exactly how much you should use. We were making A LOT, so what we used will differ from what you will need. We used 5 pounds of chicken and 2.5 pounds of bacon to complete these. If you’re not wanting to make a large bowl, as pictured above, then you could get away with a much smaller amount. That 7.5 pounds of meat served 25 people. Yes, it was all gone, but that’s OK. I’m pretty sure everyone got to try it!
**This post has a couple of affiliate links. If you choose to click through, I could earn a small commission from the retailer.