I love soup. It’s so yummy and warming during the colder months! This soup one happens to be amazing, too! It makes a large pot! It’s a good thing, too…because my family kept going back for seconds and thirds! This is soup is similar to potato soup, but it’s a bit heartier with more veggies and meat!
Cheeseburger Soup for the CrockpotTweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
Servings: 10-12 (made enough for our family of 8 to have at least 2 servings each)1.5-2 Pounds cooked ground beef 1 onion, diced 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic 2 Cans (14.5 ounce) Diced Tomatoes 1 pound bacon, cooked & broken into pieces 6-7 small to medium Potatoes, Cubed (or can substitute shredded potatoes/hashbrowns if you want to freeze ahead) 1 Cup of chopped or shredded carrots 8 oz pkg of cream cheese Cubed 8 Cups of Chicken Broth 2 teaspoons of Salt 1 teaspoon of Pepper 2 cups of milk 1/2 cup of flour 3 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Cook bacon & ground beef.
- Crumble the bacon & place half of it in a quart sized freezer bag.
- Chop the carrots & onion.
- Chop the cream cheese into cubes.
- Substitute 6-7 potatoes for 3-4 cups of hashbrowns.
- Add all ingredients except milk, flour and cheese to the gallon size freezer bag.
- (Can freeze cheese in another freezer bag to make sure you have enough on cooking day)
- Label & Freeze as flat as possible.
- Get out of freezer the night before to let thaw. (If you forget, can cook frozen, just add an extra hour of cooking time to it)
- On cooking day, follow instructions in original recipe.
This post is part of a 10 day series, Crockpot Freezer Meals that I’m doing with iHomeschool Network. For more topics, including more Crockpot recipes, check out the list of other 10 day series’ here.
If the Crockpot Freezer Meals have been helpful to you, I’d love it if you’d take a minute to like Sidetracked Sarah on Facebook.
Also, for a Free 1 Week Printable Crockpot Freezer Meals Menu, be sure to subscribe to my email updates. Your free menu will be emailed as soon as you confirm your subscription.