Do you enjoy eating sweet potatoes at your family’s Thanksgiving feast? We LOVE eating them. There’s so many different ways to eat them. It seems like though, that everyone either prefers them with marshmallows on them, like this recipe calls for, OR with the nut topping on top.
Our family seems to be split. My father-in-law wants marshmallows, but I want the nut topping. This year, we’ll probably meet in the middle and do both.
If you or your family prefers marshmallows, be sure to check this recipe out. It’s delicious! If, however, you prefer the kind with the nuts & brown sugar on top, be sure to check this recipe out, too. It’s my favorite!
(This post contains affiliate links)
OK, now, let’s talk about exactly what you do for this recipe.
Start by peeling and chopping the sweet potatoes, and then place them in the slow cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Once they’re done, drain the potatoes, add all ingredients, except water and marshmallows and then mash them up with a potato masher.
Smooth out the top, then pour the bag of mini marshmallows over the top and let them melt for about 15 minutes on high.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
- Peel & chop sweet potatoes and toss them into the crockpot.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the crockpot.
- Mash, and stir in remaining ingredients, minus marshmallows.
- Smooth the top of the potatoes and layer on bag of mini marshmallows.
- Cook 10-15 minutes more on high until marshmallows are melted.