If you all can’t tell yet, I love any type of Mexican type food. I could eat it every day. But, for the sake of my family, I won’t prepare it every day. When I’m making my weekly menu, I find myself gravitating towards anything that you can put sour cream on. I hope you don’t mind!
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 3 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can corn 15 oz
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 oz
- 1 can enchilada sauce 10 oz
- 1 can diced green chilies 4 oz
- 1 onion
- 2 T. dried Cilantro or can use 1/4 cup, chopped fresh
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Garnish with cheese & sour cream and chips optional
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients together in a gallon size freezer bag. Label & Freeze. Set the food out the night before you plan to cook it so that is thawed and ready to cook. If you forget, you can still cook it from frozen, you'll just need to add about an hour of cooking time.
On Cooking Day:
- Empty contents of bag into slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Pull chicken out of slow cooker and chop or shred. Put back into slow cooker to continue cooking for 30 minutes to an hour.
*Some links in this post are affiliate links.