Hey everybody! Looking for a delicious meat to put on your nachos? Try this Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Nachos Recipe! Oh my… the meat has the best flavor!! I could eat it all in one sitting. In fact, we, as a family, did try to eat it a little faster than we were supposed to, lol.
My poor 17 year old came home and said, where’s mine.
Oh, sorry, I guess we ate it all.
Yeah…. I should’ve put a few more chicken breasts in there for our family, so all the nibblers who were walking by, grabbing one more taste, wouldn’t nibble it down to nothing before their sister came home. We like tasty chicken too much!
I think you’ll see that this recipe is so very easy. I’ve provided a video to show you exactly how we did it. You’ll find it at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Nachos in the Slow Cooker
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz mild salsa verde
- 1 ⁄2 cup honey
- 1 ⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ⁄2 tsp pepper
- Hot sauce-optional Tortilla chips
- Place all ingredients except tortilla chips and hot sauce into slow cooker
- Cook on high 2-4 hours or low 6-7 hours
- Shred chicken & pour a little more of the juices over the top.
- Place tortilla chips on plate, add meat & toppings of your choice
Freezer Bag Instructions:
- Place all ingredients except tortilla chips into gallon size freezer safe bag
- Label and lay flat to freeze
- Remove from freezer the night before you plan to use it
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 2-4 hours
- Shred meat and add a little of the juices for extra taste.