This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’m not typically the type of mom who likes to do project after project with my kids all summer. We do like to have fun, but I tend to go for those projects and outings that don’t require lots of preparation and work. When I do take the time to make something, it typically uses things I already have at home. I like to make the memory, have the fun and then move on. My kids don’t seem to know any better. They’re just happy they get to do something special, that’s a little out of the ordinary from every day life.
What’s funny is as long as I don’t mind a little mess, they’re even happier. So… every summer, we do these things and we make traditions that we can carry on from year to year. They’re super simple, but they’re the types of simple this mom can handle!
10 MESSY Things Your Kids HAVE to do EVERY Summer!
- Enjoy picking and eating sweet, juicy strawberries fresh from the patch. Depending on the ages, this can be messy or not so messy. Our hands are always a bit pink if not worse…after a picking session.
2. Eat lots and lots of watermelon (have a watermelon seed spitting contest, too!)
3. Finger paint (can even make your own out of shaving cream!)
4. Pick mulberries and eat them, too. (My kids like to feed them to a turtle they also found in the yard).
5. Play in the sand at the beach, maybe bury your siblings in the sand while you’re there.
6. Eat S’mores by the campfire
7. Blow Bubbles in the tub…that way you can beat the summer heat, but still have some bubble blowing fun! Or better yet, make bubble snakes out of old socks and dish detergent.
9. Eat drippy, yummy popsicles.
10. Make slime…and have a great time playing with it.
You’ll notice that all of these projects have the potential to get you sticky and/or dirty! That’s when we like to keep Wet Ones® Hand Wipes on hand. I bought them at Walmart in the personal hygiene area.
To make cleaning up the sticky messes that much easier! I keep a pack in my car, too! I plan to stock up and keep them in each vehicle, in the camper and at home, just for easy clean up.
This summer, while making fun summer memories, we have used them to
- clean unexpected messes
- clean finger paint off of our hands
- clean watermelon juice that was dripping all the way down to the elbows off of hands and arms
- clean dirty faces
- clean stickiness off of bodies
- to clean shopping carts of dirt and germs
- to clean my hands after changing a dirty diaper
- and more…..
Wet Ones® Hand Wipes are antibacterial and kill 99.99% of germs, so I can walk away with peace of mind after cleaning my messy problems. Plus, they have aloe in them, so my hands feel better after using them. They’re more effective than hand sanitizer and easier to keep around in my opinion.
(Just look at the trickle of watermelon juice dripping from his hand down to his elbow! He was a sticky mess!)