Instant Pot Chicken Soup is easy, delicious, and ready in minutes. It’s also the perfect soup for chilly winter days!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN SOUP
When the weather outside is chilly or you’re fighting the sniffles, there’s nothing more satisfying than some homemade chicken soup. Now you can have it ready in minutes with your Instant Pot!
IS INSTANT POT CHICKEN SOUP REALLY READY, START TO FINISH, IN UNDER AN HOUR?
This is what I love about my Instant Pot. Sure, you can simmer the soup for hours on the stove, but why? By pressure cooking your chicken soup, you will have a delicious, hearty soup ready in no time. And the flavor is amazing!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH INSTANT POT CHICKEN SOUP?
You don’t actually have to serve anything with it, but I love to have a Southern Cornbread Muffin on the side. They’re easy to whip up while the soup is cooking and they’re the perfect accompaniment to a steaming hot bowl of Instant Pot Chicken Soup!
WILL INSTANT POT CHICKEN SOUP FREEZE WELL?
This soup will both freeze well and keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Instant Pot Chicken Soup is wonderful to have on hand for chilly days or to chase the sniffles away!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Grandma’s Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata with Creamy Lemon Sauce
Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- 1 3 pound whole chicken
- 4 carrots sliced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- Place chopped vegetables, thyme, bouillon cubes and water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place whole chicken on top.
- Salt and pepper the chicken generously.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook, high pressure for 22 minutes. Natural release for 15 minutes, then quick release.
- Remove chicken from pot and pull meat off, making sure not to add any bones or fat to the broth. Add chicken pieces back into the pot.
- Stir and add more thyme and/or chicken bouillon to taste as needed.
- Serve in bowls.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Happenings From our Family of 9
We had a brief but fairly intense snowstorm here the other day and the kids naturally wanted to take advantage and go sledding. We quickly got our stuff together and headed out to a nearby lake that has a pretty good sized dam. They had so much fun sledding all the way until we ran out of sunlight. Pictured below are the youngest two preparing for a run down the hill.