Do you have one of those recipes that is your go-to recipe? That is what this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe is for me. It used to be, that I could plan way ahead, even cook it overnight and have it ready for Sunday after church. But, here lately, I keep forgetting to even put anything into my slow cooker early enough to have it ready for dinner. Crazy I know, being that I’m the slow cooker gal.
But…. thankfully, I got an Instant Pot for my birthday this past year and I can now fix that problem. When I get to 4:00 p.m. and realize I never thought about dinner yet again, I can grab that chicken from Zaycon Foods that I keep in the freezer and have a delicious meal in 40 minutes in the Instant Pot (plus heat up time).
Video of BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe for the Instant Pot
All it takes is 3 ingredients….plus a little water.
Super Easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 3 pound bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of your favorite Barbecue Sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup of water
- Chop onion
- Place chicken in Instant Pot, top with onions, then BBQ sauce.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over the top.
- Layer as needed, so that all chicken will be covered in at least a little bit of BBQ sauce.
- Close lid, and close vent of Instant Pot.
- Push the "manual" button and set it to cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- You can vent immediately or let it release naturally. We let ours release naturally and that took 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from juices and shred.
- Pour two large spoonfuls of the juice over the top of the shredded chicken.
- Mix in more BBQ sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
Leave a Reply