Today is a guest post from regular contributor, Karen of Raising Little Super Heroes. Also, I wanted to give you a quick reminder… don’t forget that you can still get all of the Sidetracked Sarah Freezer to Slow Cooker ebooks for free with the purchase of the 2015 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle.
Healthy Crock Pot Spaghetti is a delicious and nutritious dinner that the whole family will love. I love simple dinner recipes that are so easy-to-make, too. Just brown the ground turkey, add all of the ingredients to the crock pot, and let it simmer for a few hours. It is the perfect meal for those busy nights at soccer practice or when you just don’t feel like cooking.Print
Healthy Crock Pot Spaghetti
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1 lb. of Ground Turkey
- 1 13.25 oz. box of Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles (You can use any type of Whole Wheat noodle.)
- 2 25. oz. jars of Organic Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup of Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
1. Spray a frying pan with olive oil cooking spray and brown the ground turkey on the stove.
* If you don’t want to use the stove, you can also brown the ground turkey in the crock pot. Spray the crock pot with the olive oil cooking spray and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Break the ground turkey apart and stir as it cooks. When it is done, be sure to drain all of the grease before moving onto the next step. I prefer to brown the ground turkey in the frying pan because it is difficult to drain all of the grease from the crock pot.
2. Break the uncooked spaghetti noodles in half and put them in the crock pot.
3. Add the organic spaghetti sauce, browned ground turkey, chopped onion, and chopped green pepper. Make sure that all of the noodles are covered by the spaghetti sauce.
4. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
5. Add the Mozzarella cheese and stir. (This is optional but doesn’t cheese make everything taste a little better?)
- Crock Pot
- Frying Pan
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Measuring Cup (1/4 cup)
Serve Healthy Crock Pot Spaghetti with a side salad or fruit plate for a complete fresh and appetizing meal.
This post is written by Karen from Raising Little Super Heroes. Karen is a mom who loves to save money! She has two amazing children and a wonderful husband who she loves to spend time. They enjoy reading books, playing outside, watching movies, and making memories.
*This post contains affiliate links.