Disclosure: This amazing slow cooker recipe has been compensated by Ricos. All opinions are 100% mine. #RicosCheesePlease
As a busy mom of 7, I like to keep things simple when it comes to cooking. I just don’t have the time to spend hours creating in the kitchen. So, when I realized I had a dish to bring to a potluck dinner, I was so happy to have something simple that I could bring that could easily make my family happy, while also feeding a crowd! I decided to make Crock Pot Nachos, made with Ricos Cheese Sauce. It’s so simple, even your kids could do it if you’re busy.
How to Make Nachos in the Slow Cooker
First off, let me tell you a little more about Ricos Cheese Sauce. You can buy it at Walmart in 15 oz cans or you can buy it in the giant #10 cans. I even saw it in individual serving sizes that you could send with your kids to school if you wanted in a sack lunch, which was pretty cool! I’ve been buying Ricos Cheese Sauce for years, so I already knew exactly what I wanted.
Since we were cooking for a crowd and were filling a 7 quart slow cooker, we decided on the #10 can (that is 6 pounds, 10 oz) of Gourmet Nacho Cheddar Cheese Sauce. Now that’s a lot of amazing cheese! The cool thing is that this cheese sauce is trans fat free, with no hydrogenated oils. If you’d like to try a different flavor, they have so many different varieties, too. There’s Blanco (white), Cheddar, Hot & Spicy and more. To read more about Ricos and their different varieties, check them out here.
Now, let me tell you exactly how to make these amazing, easy to make Crock Pot Nachos.
- Brown ground sausage.
- Open your can of Ricos Cheese Sauce with a can opener and pour into slow cooker. Use rubber spatula to get it all out of the can.
- Mix in a large 28 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Stir well and turn on high for 2 hours, to thoroughly warm. Or, if you prefer to warm it up slower, turn it on low for several hours. When it reaches desired temperature, turn to Keep Warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
How Long Does it Take to Warm Nacho Cheese in the Crock Pot?
Honestly, I think it was completely warm after about an hour on high, but once it hit that 2 hour mark, I turned it down, because it started to boil a bit and I didn’t want it to scorch or get over cooked. You can leave it on low a lot longer with great results!
What Toppings to Put on Nachos
We just had our Crock Pot Nachos at the potluck without toppings, but the next day, when I was back at my house, we had a small amount of leftovers and I dressed them up a bit for my lunch. I used shredded pork, sour cream and sliced avocados, but here’s a list of even more nacho topping ideas for you.
- Shredded Meat (pork, chicken, beef, turkey, etc.)
- Cooked hamburger meat
- Shrimp or cooked fish
- Refried beans
- Chili beans
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Spanish Rice
- Pico de Gallo
- Limes or lime sauce
- Black olives
- Bacon Bits
See below for your Crock Pot Nachos Recipe ……
Easy Slow Cooker Nachos Recipe with Sausage
This easy crock pot nachos recipe is so simple and yet so delicious. Made with ground sausage, diced tomatoes and green chilies and Ricos Cheese sauce, it’s a recipe proven to make crowds happy and family members, too.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 25
- 1 #10 can of Ricos Cheese Sauce
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 2 pounds of ground sausage
- 2-3 large bags of tortilla chips
- Brown ground sausage in skillet. Drain & rinse using colander.
- Open can of cheese sauce and pour into 6 or 7 quart slow cooker.
- Pour in cooked sausage and diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Stir well.
- Cook on high 2 hours or on low for 4 hours. After allotted time, turn to keep warm.
- Serve over tortilla chips.
- Use extra toppings as desired.
Ricos Cheese Truck Sweepstakes
Enter To Win A 2018 Ford F-150
Winning a new truck has never been tastier!
Buy: Simply purchase qualifying item(s) between 01/15/18 – 05/31/18 in one transaction, and star/check the item(s) and the date on your receipt.
Snap: Snap a clear photo of the entire receipt with your phone.
Send: Send RicosCheese to 811811 for submission instructions, or upload your receipt by clicking the Get Started button on the Ricos Sweepstakes website. Please allow 24 hours for processing.
Register: After your photo is submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation and request to complete a registration form. If you do not receive a confirmation or offer code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details, rules, and regulations, please head to the Ricos website.