As a mom of 7 kids, I’ve been on the receiving end of baby gifts A LOT in my life. You would think that would mean that I know exactly what I should get new moms when it’s their turn to get a gift from me. The funny thing is that I’ve had my fair share of struggling with what to buy new moms, too….that is until recently.
I think we all have the same problem. We want to buy something fun to give (like cute little baby clothes), but we also want to give the new parents something they would actually use and not end up as clutter, sitting around waiting to get donated to the local thrift store. We ultimately want to find clutter free baby gift ideas!
If you’ve ever been a mom, you’ll know that with each baby, there’s always a gift or two that you can’t use. For me, it was usually a duplicate outfit or way too many blankets, but sometimes it would also be clothes in the wrong season for the baby’s size. But, regardless, you’ve likely had to get rid of something with the tags still attached, because you never found the right time to use that baby gift. Am I right?
While it is fun to give the cute little baby clothes, it’s much more rewarding to give gifts that you know will be used. That’s why I always try to give what I call consumable gifts. We call these Clutter Free gifts. Even though they’re not quite as cute as little bitty clothes, they are so much more rewarding to give, because we know they will not end up cluttering up the new parents’ home!
Quinnly, who is 2 years old already!
9 Clutter Free Baby Gift Ideas
- An iTunes or Google Play Gift Card – Think of the hours the new mom will be spending sitting around feeding her baby. Especially if she’s nursing and not able to hand the baby to dad to feed very often. Many moms feel like they are bored after having a baby because of so much sitting. That’s why an itunes or Google Play gift card would be a really cool gift! She could use it to download games, music or apps, all of which will help her pass some time while she feeds that precious baby.
- Diapers – Do you know how much money new parents go through on diapers in a baby’s first year? I have never met a mom who complained because she didn’t have to buy that box of diapers because she got it for a baby present.
- a massage – I can only wish someone would have done this for me. Even if it was just a shoulder massage. Of course, you will have to figure out if the mom is OK with leaving the baby with someone or having you sit with the baby while she gets a massage. Some moms are OK with this and others are not. Check with her before you go spend your money on this one.
- a big box of Wipes – I remember getting this gift from a friend of mine and being so excited that I didn’t run out of wipes for a long time! It just makes you feel like you’re saving so much money when you’re not regularly buying a new package of wipes.
- a Photo Session for baby – All new moms want to photograph their babies, but they don’t always find the time to get out the door to take the new baby to get their pictures taken. Consider paying for a photographer to come to the mom’s house to get the photographs she wants of her baby.
- a Gift Certificate to Create a Baby Photo Book – There’s many online photo stores who will let you make your own book out of photographs. These books turn out really cute and most new moms, could create one of these while she’s feeding her baby. She will love having the memories to look back on for years to come.
- A few Crockpot Freezer Meals (or even just one) – One of the best gifts I’ve ever been given is a week or two of meals after the baby is born. I received this gift many times throughout my baby-having days and it is absolutely relieving to know that in the first week or two after baby comes home, I don’t have to come up with a meal for my family. It would be super simple to create 2-3 Crockpot Freezer Meals in a gallon sized freezer bag. Be sure it’s the kind you don’t have to do anything extra to and can just dump into the slow cooker. I would consider using recipes like Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Tacos, Chicken & Noodle Soup or Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Pork Roast. These would be easy enough to dump into a bag and yet tasty enough to give as a gift!
- Babysitting Coupons – When the new parents are ready, they’ll be excited to get to go out on a date, but who would they get to watch the kids? Even if they’re not ready to leave the baby with you, consider offering to keep their other kids.
- Boudreaux’s Butt Paste Diaper Rash Cream – This is something that new moms don’t think about having on hand but LOVE receiving it as a gift. When they get multiples, they put it in the diaper bag, the car, the bathroom, etc., so they’re sure they are never without it if baby suddenly gets a rash. I’ve had babies and toddlers for over 18 years! I have become a pro at handling diaper rash. My absolute favorite brand of diaper rash cream is Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. In fact, I just had to use it this past week on my 2 year old and her rash was gone way faster than I ever imagined. It heals rash so fast, it’ll quickly become your favorite diaper rash cream!
More Information about Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
Many years ago, I first found a sample of Boudreaux’s Butt Paste in a doctor’s office. I was thinking I’d take a sample to try, not knowing how much I’d fall in love with the brand. The next time my baby had a rash, I tried the original formula of Boudreaux’s Butt Paste and was thrilled with the results! It seemed to me that it cleared diaper rash faster than other brands I’ve used. I instantly ran out and bought myself a tube of Original Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. I’ve since learned that they have 3 different versions of Butt Paste, all of which have safe, simple ingredients! They have:
- Original – You can use this with every diaper change if you want to help prevent rash before it happens, or can use it on minor rashes after it’s developed.
- All Natural – Natural ingredients help treat and protect your baby, including soothing aloe.
- Maximum Strength – Knocks out the most stubborn rashes.
I’m most excited about the All Natural version, because I grew up using aloe, so I feel like it’s a good fit for our family.
I’m definitely a #ButtPasteMom and love sharing about it with new moms! There’s no sense in your baby or toddler having a rash any longer than they have to! While “baby” Quinnly (who is now 2) is likely our last baby, I’ll continue sharing my love of Boudreaux’s Butt Paste with any new mom that I can! That includes as their baby gift! They may just love me forever.
Grab You Some Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, Enter into this giveaway!
This is a sponsored post written on behalf of The Motherhood & Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. All opinions expressed within are my own and help to promote the healing of diaper rashes everywhere.