We’ve all heard about the dangers of regular household cleaners, haven’t we? That’s why we’re supposed to keep them out of reach of children! I have a hard time using them, knowing how toxic they can be, especially with small children in the house. That’s why I was happy to be given the opportunity to try out this new Cleaning Vinegar from Four Monks™! First let me tell you a little about the product, and then I’ll share how I used it and if I liked it.
What is Cleaning Vinegar?
Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar is a safe-to-use, nontoxic, all purpose cleaner. It can be used in the kitchen, bathroom or other areas of your home. It comes in two different scents: Aroma Controlled and Citrus Mint.
Why Clean with Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar?
- It is non-toxic
- Safe for the whole family (yes, even children)
- Safe for pets
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Environmentally friendly (Green)
- It is 20% stronger than traditional vinegar, making it’s cleaning power better.
My Results, using Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar
I wasn’t sure if I’d like it or not. I don’t really like strong smells and I didn’t know if I’d be able to stomach the smell of vinegar. However, using bleach in my home can be dangerous for my asthmatic child. The chlorine in bleach is her #1 trigger for an asthma attack, so we always use it very sparingly, if at all. Vinegar is different. It is much safer for her to breathe and yet we can still get a nice clean room.
What I cleaned
I cleaned several different things with the Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar. I cleaned my microwave, a stain on the bricks of my fireplace and bench; the bathroom sink, the bathroom mirror and my kitchen counters.
Did I Like My Results?
YES! While, using the vinegar cleaner did not eliminate the need for a bit of elbow grease when it comes to cleaning dirtier spaces (like my bathroom sink was), it still did an outstanding job.
- My microwave is beautiful inside.
- The stain on my fireplace is now gone. My one year old daughter kept putting her hands in the spot where I sprayed the rocks down and I didn’t have to worry that she was putting her hands into something toxic. The vinegar cleaner is food grade and kids getting into it is not something I have to worry about.
- I used a microfiber towel and the vinegar cleaner spray on the mirror and it has a beautiful shine!
- My bathroom sink and fixtures are shiny and new looking.
What about the smell?
Honestly. It’s not horrible. I promise. I am not fond of regular vinegar smells, but.. when I compared the smell of the Aroma Controlled scent to my regular vinegar, the Aroma Controlled scent was definitely less distinct. It did not overpower me, nor did it try to take over the house. When I smelled the Citrus Mint scent, it was even better! It smelled a little fresher and the citrus is just citrusy enough to hide the scent of vinegar pretty well. It’s not all the way gone, but it is even less significant smelling than the Aroma Controlled scent. For me, that’s a good thing.
Where Can I Buy Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar?
Well, I was walking through the vinegar aisle at Walmart and guess what I saw? Yep, Four Monks Cleaning Vinegar. It’s also found in the natural cleaning section at HEB grocery stores and other select grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide. It’s pretty inexpensive, too. Priced $2.49-$2.99 for the 24 oz spray bottles and $3.39-$3.99 per 128 oz jug (pricing may vary, depending on retailer).