Do you have one of those recipes that is your go-to recipe? That is what this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe is for me. It used to be, that I could plan way ahead, even cook it overnight and have it ready for Sunday after church. But, here lately, I keep forgetting to even put anything into my slow cooker early enough to have it ready for dinner. Crazy I know, being that I’m the slow cooker gal.
But…. thankfully, I got an Instant Pot for my birthday this past year and I can now fix that problem. When I get to 4:00 p.m. and realize I never thought about dinner yet again, I can grab that chicken from Zaycon Foods that I keep in the freezer and have a delicious meal in 40 minutes in the Instant Pot (plus heat up time).
Video of BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe for the Instant Pot\
All it takes is 3 ingredients….plus a little water.Print
Super Easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
If you got home late and don’t know what to have for dinner, turn to this easy and delicious BBQ chicken sandwich recipe. Your family will thank you!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 sandwiches
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- 1 3 pound bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of your favorite Barbecue Sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of water
- Chop onion
- Place chicken in Instant Pot, top with onions, then BBQ sauce.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over the top.
- Layer as needed, so that all chicken will be covered in at least a little bit of BBQ sauce.
- Close lid, and close vent of Instant Pot.
- Push the “manual” button and set it to cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- You can vent immediately or let it release naturally. We let ours release naturally and that took 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from juices and shred.
- Pour two large spoonfuls of the juice over the top of the shredded chicken.
- Mix in more BBQ sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve on hamburger buns.