It’s time to get back to cooking for me. My family has been eating way too much fast food and pizza! It’s easy to get out of the habit of cooking on a regular basis when you’re busy, isn’t it?
Well, since I’m the girl who’s halfheartedly trying to stay on a diet, I figured I should find some low carb recipes to try. I’m half-hearted after my trip to Colorado this month. I had a great time living it up, and now I’m having a horrible time finding the “want-to” again. I’m pulling out My Weight Loss Success Plan again this week and reading through all those quotes and Scripture cards to hopefully get my butt back into gear. Also, I’m going to be using my goal worksheets and my meal planning worksheets, too.
About this recipe. I love chicken fajitas, so I thought this would be a fun one to try. The house smelled AMAZING while it was cooking! If your kids don’t like green, red or orange peppers, it won’t be a kid pleaser. Most of mine do like them though…so we were good! I think one of them made a ham sandwich, and I was OK with that. It gave me more to eat, LOL. And, yes, our crockpot was empty by the end of the night. Some people went back for seconds…. (shhh…not mentioning any names).
Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup in the Slow Cooker
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet Print
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb)
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 6
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 large ones)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet of McCormick Fajita Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese (optional for topping)
- Sour Cream (optional for topping)
- Place all ingredients, but sour cream and cheese into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When cooking is complete, take chicken breasts out and shred them with forks, kitchen shears, or try these nifty little bear claws for shredding meat with.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker.
- Serve in bowls, topped with cheese and sour cream.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Slice onions and peppers into strips.
- Place chicken, diced tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, and fajita seasoning into a one gallon freezer safe bag.
- Label with “Chicken Fajita Soup”
- Lay flat to freeze, so you can easily stack other items on top of it.
- On cooking day, dump contents into slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth to slow cooker as well.
- Cook as directed above.
Pin Me For Later!