This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#Palmolive25Ways and #CollectiveBias
I’m someone who prefers to do things the easy way. Generally, I don’t like to have different cleaners on hand for each individual thing I need to clean in my house. Not only does that promote clutter, it costs more money, too. Because I like to use what I have laying around the house, I thought I’d tell you about a few different dish soap uses that you can use your Palmolive Dish Soap for! Some of them are a bit unusual, but that’s what makes them more fun!
1. Carpet Cleaner – The other morning, I woke up to a big puke stain on the carpet that my dog had left me. I pulled out my Palmolive dish soap and squirted it on the stain. Then, I used a scrub brush to dig it deep into the carpet fibers. I rinsed with a little water and a towel and suddenly, my stain had disappeared. Saved by the Palmolive!
2. Ant Repellant – Yes, Ant Repellant. We have had a horrible problem with ants this year in our kitchen. Actually, it’s every year, but this year, they seem to be a bit worse than most. I mixed up a bottle of Palmolive dish soap and water and I spray it on those ants. Since we’ve been doing this, the ants are getting fewer and fewer and we’ve noticed an unexpected benefit. The kitchen smells fresh and clean! That was a pleasant benefit!
3. Laundry Stain Remover – Yesterday, after church, we decided to take the kids to the newly built fast food Mexican restaurant for lunch. That way we wouldn’t dirty any dishes AND all the hunger pangs could go away quicker. The smaller girls were dressed up in their fancy dresses. Of course, 2 bites in, they had dropped burritos onto their pretty dresses. They were distraught, worrying that we wouldn’t be able to get the stain out. The first thing I did when we got home was pull out the Palmolive and treated those stains. It came out so fast! We were all relieved!
More Uses for Dish Soap
4. Flea Killer – Did you know you can wash your pets with Palmolive dish soap? It is much less expensive than your leading flea shampoos and doesn’t harm your pets at all!
5. Fix a Hole in Inflatables – If you pour soapy water around where a leak should be, you can find that hard to spot leak in your tire or other inflatable device. The leak will cause the water to bubble up (thanks to the Palmolive dish soap) and suddenly you know right where your hole is.
6. Bug Deterrent – I keep mentioning bugs. Really, Palmolive works well against all kinds of bugs, not just fleas and ants. If you have a problem with bugs inside or out, spray around the foundation of the house and/or the inside at the baseboards with a Palmolive and water mixture. It will work on roaches, bees, wasps, moths, spiders and more. It’s so much safer than the smelly chemicals used in over the counter pest control products.
7. Laundry Freshener – It’s time to freshen up your linens or even your mattress, spray your mixture of Palmolive and water onto anything you want to leave with a good smell.
8. Clean Grease from hands – My husband is notorious for coming into the house with greasy hands after working on the tractor, mower or car and needing something to cut the grease right away. We stopped buying the hand grease removers because they just didn’t seem worth it. Instead, we use our dish soap. It works great and smells better than the other stuff!
9. Remove Excess Hair Color – This one I have not yet tried, because I never color my hair, but…..I’ve heard that if you color your hair too dark, you can lighten it up almost immediately if you quickly wash it in Palmolive dish soap. It wouldn’t hurt to give it a shot!
10. Make Bubbles – Kids love playing with bubbles! Making them can be so much fun! It’s easy, too! Just mix together:
Palmolive dish soap – 1 part
Distilled Water – 15 parts
Glycerine or White Karo Syrup – 1/4 part
If you let them sit overnight, they become a bit more sticky, but other than that, you’re good to go!
We bought our Palmolive in the cleaning supplies aisle at Walmart!
Get Entered into the Palmolive Sweepstakes!
Starting today, Palmolive is hosting a Sweepstakes where you can enter to win a $2,000 Walmart gift card and weekly prizes. I know I’d love an extra $2000 to spend! Get entered into the Sweepstakes here!